• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

thetrailboss

Staff member
Some great woods riding if you go under the rope at top right of metro and traverse past two trails and bang a right at Bushwhacker. Had my day saved finding those and heard the same from a few groups I showed.

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Glad I didn’t make the 7hr round trip drive up there today. Almost did, had an alarm at 4am but slept in.

MidnightJester

So I got bit by the 15" fresh snow shark in search of fresh powder at Jay and drove from Long Island, NY almost 6 1/2 hours one way 400 miles 2am till 815am and got to Jay peak and was all smiles till the wind holds were first listed to last till 12P. Took a nap till 10:45am and woke up to upper mountain lifts closed for the day Grrrrrrrr. Glad I didint use my Ski VT pass right away at JAY for lower runs. I made a emergency 1-1/2 hour trip to SugarBush and the 5" they got over 48hrs and rode from 1pm till 5pm and got in 14 runs :) more mountains should have later closing times in spring maybe winter too if the Daylight saving stays spring sprung ahead

Cant say what was happening with the wind at the top but it seemed like a LACK of serious wind everywhere else on the mountain and outside the mountain.

Last edited:

Kingslug20

Contemplated bailing and going to SB...but it was fun to rip around on cold snow April 20..

thetrailboss

Staff member
do you think that's too harsh?
Hell no. Should have been 8 years. The LARGEST fraud in Vermont history. He has no remorse. He was a fraud from Day 1. He lied and used inappropriate funds to buy Jay. He hurt my former neighbors. It just shows that a fraudster can come to Vermont, complete pull the wool over the eyes of state regulators, make himself rich and get a slap on the wrist.

Last edited: