• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

BenedictGomez

You can bitch all you want, but there is not a ski area in the region that did not need this weekend's shot in the arm. After last year's hemorrhaging of $ there is a steep hill to climb.

Thanks for stating the obvious. In other revelations, snowfall is good for ski resorts. Doesn't alter the fact that sometimes in rare instances the best business call is to not maximize revenue on a given day. Were you skiing JP on Saturday? I highly doubt it.

So when is the EB5 money coming in for the West Bowl expansion so that these crowds can spread out a bit?

Even when the EB-5 was cranking, I never believed that West Bowl would happen. How glorious it would have been, but the environmental extremists would never have allowed that to happen.

JimG.

Staff member
Hey, it was stupid busy everywhere Sat and Sun.

I was at Platty Sunday...they were parking cars on the access road a mile away from the base. There were even lift lines (short but they were there).

cdskier

Hey, it was stupid busy everywhere Sat and Sun.

I was at Platty Sunday...they were parking cars on the access road a mile away from the base. There were even lift lines (short but they were there).

Yea, Saturday was the same at Platty when I was there. First time I've ever seen cars parked so far down the access road and first time I've seen actual lift lines!

BenedictGomez

The individual defendants are James Candido, Brent Raymond and Eugene Fullam, the former directors of the regional center

Finally.

I've been saying this for years (literally), if there's ever a serious investigation, this guy is going to be a key cog in unraveling it. Yet nobody has even questioned him. State of Vermont has willfully and intentionally covered this up and looked the other way rather than looking for answers.

mbedle

Don't most, if not all, class action lawsuits get settled without admitting guilt? Not sure what this will result in other then costing the state a shit load of money.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Don't most, if not all, class action lawsuits get settled without admitting guilt? Not sure what this will result in other then costing the state a shit load of money.

These are civil actions, so guilt is not an issue. It's all about $$$$.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Finally.

I've been saying this for years (literally), if there's ever a serious investigation, this guy is going to be a key cog in unraveling it. Yet nobody has even questioned him. State of Vermont has willfully and intentionally covered this up and looked the other way rather than looking for answers.

I am disappointed that $humlin is not named. This is Exhibit A for trial. Fast forward to 2:25 and in particular 2:41:

He obviously can't comment now because he is too busy teaching students about government at Harvard.

Moulton has also been sued. She got "promoted" to President of VTC. Unreal.

BenedictGomez

I am disappointed that $humlin is not named. This is Exhibit A for trial. Fast forward to 2:25 and in particular 2:41:

Yikes. That does make Shumlin look like an idiot.

And LOL at Stenger saying one of the reasons their EB-5 program is so successful is the "wonderful relationship" they have with the State of Vermont. Yeah, so wonderful that FOIL requests should be raining from the heavens seeking emails from key persons at the Vermont EB-5 Regional Center.

My prediction is that we're going to learn that those emails have "disappeared" in a Clinton'esque unfortunate hard-drive crash. Or those computers were thrown out in a "routine" equipment upgrade and the emails were failed to be properly backed-up as is required, due to an "oversight", or some similar nonsensical excuse to keep the truth from the public (and keep their ***** out of jail).

cdskier

I'm missing the connection to Jay Peak, other than it being an EB-5 project.

I didn't see it either, but thought maybe I just didn't know enough about the Jay project to recognize the connection.

Edd

I'm missing the connection to Jay Peak, other than it being an EB-5 project.

None so far as I know, but I recall the Kushner thing being referred to in one of these EB-5 threads, which is how I learned about it. Without checking, I was guessing it was this one.

VTKilarney

None so far as I know, but I recall the Kushner thing being referred to in one of these EB-5 threads, which is how I learned about it. Without checking, I was guessing it was this one.

I see. Your post was political. Respectfully, politics has taken over 99% of everything else on the internet. I was hoping that it wouldn't happen here.