Jay Peak bombshell - Page 123

AlpineZone

Page 123 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1272
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    A settlement with the State of Vermont?

https://vtdigger.org/2018/07/11/gov-...-5-fraud-case/
    Well, sounds like VT and Q.

Vermont is best to resolve everything and get this in the rear mirror ASAP. What a shit show.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I am waiting for someone to complain that the closure was because of the mean Trumpites and was mere politics.

I think it is funny that the AG is going to appeal the closure decision. I think he almost has to do so to save face.
    From what I have seen the new AG is just as much amateur hour as the last one.
    I view it quite the opposite. I think it's dumb of State of Vermont to keep bringing this up and keeping it alive, given State of Vermont is so clearly in the wrong. What if some intelligent team of lawyers actually starts digging and requesting state records? Does Vermont just keep stonewalling and refusing to turn anything useful over?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I view it quite the opposite. I think it's dumb of State of Vermont to keep bringing this up and keeping it alive, given State of Vermont is so clearly in the wrong. What if some intelligent team of lawyers actually starts digging and requesting state records? Does Vermont just keep stonewalling and refusing to turn anything useful over?
    Yep. Vermont just was on the wrong end of a decision by a judge ordering them to pay $60,000 in legal fees for a party seeking public records. Vermont has a habit of not turning over public records.

As to the general public, they just don't understand the magnitude of the issues.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Looks like state settled for 2 million on Quiros and 100K on Stenger.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Looks like state settled for 2 million on Quiros and 100K on Stenger.
    Less than I would have guessed.

I wonder if, when this is all over, Quiros will still come out ahead. I haven't been following it closely enough to have any sort of idea.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Less than I would have guessed.

I wonder if, when this is all over, Quiros will still come out ahead. I haven't been following it closely enough to have any sort of idea.
    I think they mentioned that he might have 8 million left after the SEC settlement. So, yes he is still ahead, but its not over for him. I would guess that a criminal case and any other civil cases he may face will drain the rest of that. Does actually suck for his wife, who may not have known what was going on.

I think they mentioned that he might have 8 million left after the SEC settlement. So, yes he is still ahead, but its not over for him. I would guess that a criminal case and any other civil cases he may face will drain the rest of that. Does actually suck for his wife, who may not have known what was going on.
    But it benefited her for a few years. She had no right to have any of this benefit her. I do not feel sorry for her.

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Nope. The VT AG said he is not bringing any criminal action.

Complete weak sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Nope. The VT AG said he is not bringing any criminal action.

Complete weak sauce.
    Probably because it will expose all the VT government failings/blame and open them up to more lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Probably because it will expose all the VT government failings/blame and open them up to more lawsuits.
    He claimed that ethically he could not do it. The only thing I could think of is that they got incriminating evidence from working with both Q and Stenger on a civil settlement. But methinks it is more along the lines of what you said. The AG "claimed" that they settled the case so that the documents could be turned over to the auditor of accounts to review and complete is investigation. I am not holding my breath on that report.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information