• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

thetrailboss

Staff member
It depends on census data regarding demographics (income, etc). My understanding was what VTK said--rural areas with underemployment qualified for the $500k tier; others were $1 mill.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
thanks for the photo VTK. I sure hope their pockets and commitment are deep enough to complete the project. I can name several that for years sat as empty holes, sucking the lifeblood out of an area.

tumbler

Anyone going to Widespread tonight? Ski area concerts are always fun. Saw them at Bolton around 2000

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wish. I was at the Boston show on Wednesday. Classic Panic show. All Mikey era tunes except for the encore. They crushed it

tumbler

I was there too and I agree they crushed it. The sound like Mikey era again. Jimmy has put more effect on the guitar and Duane Trucks has made a HUGE difference. Everything a half beat faster and driving the band. They looked like they were having fun

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, I'll take Duane at this point. Seen many great shows with Todd since the 90s, but I think the cheeseburgers have caught up with him. He really played lazy often in recent years.

BenedictGomez

VTDigger has a new article. It is WELL worth the read.

I'll just take my victory lap now given I called this literally months ago....

The Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating Jay Peak ski resort’s EB-5 projects in the Northeast Kingdom.

9058761.jpg

BenedictGomez

Stenger says the SEC review is “fully voluntary and is something that many large projects are participating in nationwide. We welcome the voluntary review and have cooperated fully and will continue to,” Stenger said in a statement.

Wait, he said what now?

Does Bill Stenger have the foggiest idea what the SEC is, who they are, and what they do?

BenedictGomez

A news report on the federal probe, Raymond said, would be damaging to investors because it would expose the “many layers of inadequately disclosed business entities, new principals and gross misrepresentations” at Jay Peak.

Brent Raymond is the same guy, who about 12 minutes ago claimed everything at Jay Peak was perfectly on the up and up and going completely fantastic. I realize I've said it 1000 times over the last year or so, but HOW IN GOD'S NAME THIS GUY STILL HAS HIS JOB IS COMPLETELY BEYOND ME.

I'm aware that it's virtually impossible to fire a government employee, which is part of why the government is such an inefficient catastrophe, but this is completely absurd.