• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Southwest Airlines....Meh

dlague

I flew to St Louis yesterday on Southwest and returning on Friday. The flight here from Manchester required a layover which sucks but everything else was fine.

I will be flying Southwest to Denver next month for another conference - I will have a lay over again but hope the flights are good! Hate driving to Boston when Manchester is 25 minutes away.

skiNEwhere

I will be flying Southwest to Denver next month for another conference - I will have a lay over again but hope the flights are good! Hate driving to Boston when Manchester is 25 minutes away.

When in October? You might be able to ski some WROD at A-Basin or Loveland depending on when you come in.

Geoff

When in October? You might be able to ski some WROD at A-Basin or Loveland depending on when you come in.

I did the Loveland WROD around 10 years ago. Once was plenty. I can ski WROD on Rime or T2 and not have to lug my ski gear 1700 miles in an airplane.

dlague

Oct 5 - 9. I think it will be a tad early based on past years opening weekends.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Delta - meh

Arrive at Savannah airport this morning, print boarding passes to discover flight had been changed. I was supposed to arrive in Boston by 5 via an 90 minute layover and change in NY. I find I'm then flying to Atlanta and have a four hour layover and arriving in Boston at 7:30. I arrive in Atlanta, notice there's an earlier flight to Boston. Ask if there are seats and I'm told yes. So I've made the change and now I'm supposed to arrive in Boston at 6. Would've been nice for them to book the earlier flight automatically instead of me having to hunt for it.

They will redeem themselves slightly if my checked bag arrives in Boston at 6. I'm guessing my bag doesn't arrive until the original 7:30 time.

Flying sucks.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
So my out & back to Colorado for Ski Stef's wedding with Southwest went really well. Well, the back was kind of difficult. I was "that guy" on the plane with the screaming kids. My daughter didn't handle the altitude well. Coming back was a shit show for about 30 minutes. Both kids going bonkers.

thetrailboss

Staff member
So my out & back to Colorado for Ski Stef's wedding with Southwest went really well. Well, the back was kind of difficult. I was "that guy" on the plane with the screaming kids. My daughter didn't handle the altitude well. Coming back was a shit show for about 30 minutes. Both kids going bonkers.

Been there, done that.

Flying SW to Vermont in a month; flying it to FL in January as well. Stay tuned.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Ok. No more complaints. My wife flew on Frontier Airlines last month. Oh my gosh. They charge you for everything. Want to pick out your seat? You have to pay for it. You want to bring a carry-on? Why yes you have to pay for that too. Not going to complain about Southwest anymore after I heard about that. She was not very happy once it was all said and done not to mention that she sat by probably the fattest man on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone