• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Something is Brewing at Sundown at it's not Beer!

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
Hi Everyone! I get to be the guy to write here on AZ.

We've cut a new trail!

Satan’s Stairway, with a steeper, more consistent pitch than Gunny and a classic New England cut, there was no other name to give this trail. Located between the lifts, will give you a great vantage point of a true ripper of a run.

Increasing skiable terrain does a few things for the mountain. It obviously allows for bragging rights of a very challenging trail, providing a mogul skiing venue the likes that are unavailable south of Vermont AND it allows us to keep Nor’ Easter groomed for corduroy skiing and snowboarding.

It’s not enough to cut down some wood and sit back. The land has been graded to allow for EARLY SEASON OPENING. We’re beyond confident in our ability to make snow on it, we’re looking forward to it! The full power of Ski Sundown snow making awesomeness will bury this trail just as you’d expect from us.

Full lighting from day 1. boom

Pay special attention to the mountain social media channels this fall. We’re stoked. We’re installing pipe, maintaining grass, adding lighting and gearing up for our most awesome opening of a winter season to date.

Thank you to everyone loyal skiers and riders and especially pass holders who’ve invested their hard earned recreation time in us. Thank you to every family who has raised their kids here at Ski Sundown. We are beyond stoked to update and improve. You guys are why we are here.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wish Crotched or Gunstock had such a commitment to providing a good bump run for day and night skiing.

Domeskier

Hi Everyone! I get to be the guy to write here on AZ.

Increasing skiable terrain does a few things for the mountain. It obviously allows for bragging rights of a very challenging trail, providing a mogul skiing venue the likes that are unavailable south of Vermont AND it allows us to keep Nor’ Easter groomed for corduroy skiing and snowboarding.

:thumbup: Awesome! :thumbup:

VTKilarney

I love what I'm seeing at Sundown. Is the trail distinct from the liftlines, or does it have the lifts on either side of the trail itself?

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
keep the questions coming i'll keep checking back throughout the day. we're off to begin construction on the upper mountain snowmaking manifold. we had to redesign the entire top of the mountain pipe net work to do this project. yay

Edd

Wish Crotched or Gunstock had such a commitment to providing a good bump run for day and night skiing.

To be motivated they'd probably have to worry about losing market share to other hills. I don't think either of them are sweating it.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
Does this mean the end of spring bump skiing on Gunny??

it means the end of flat bumps on Nor Easter!

we havent locked in any decision like that. however, this new trail is gonna be far superior to gunny bumps. there is no flat spot half way down, and the lower aspect on exhibition is steeper than lower gunny. so really, i personally would push towards moving spring bumps to the center of the mountain

Domeskier

it means the end of flat bumps on Nor Easter!

we havent locked in any decision like that. however, this new trail is gonna be far superior to gunny bumps. there is no flat spot half way down, and the lower aspect on exhibition is steeper than lower gunny. so really, i personally would push towards moving spring bumps to the center of the mountain

Sounds good. The trip back to the lifts from Gunny can be a pain anyway, esp. if the black triple isn't running...

deadheadskier

Staff member
To be motivated they'd probably have to worry about losing market share to other hills. I don't think either of them are sweating it.

Well, they did lose my season pass business for not offering quality bumps. :lol: That was also a factor in me moving on from Ragged.

Pats has one...

Yup, love Hurricane and I love Pat's for what it is, especially the lodge / sled pub. Unfortunately, the runs are just a bit too short for me to consider getting a pass there. I probably would get a night skiing pass if I lived within 30 minutes or so of there though.

Savemeasammy

Even though I'm not a Sundown skier, reading this news makes me feel as though the world is a slightly better place today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newpylong

Well, they did lose my season pass business for not offering quality bumps. :lol: That was also a factor in me moving on from Ragged.

Yup, love Hurricane and I love Pat's for what it is, especially the lodge / sled pub. Unfortunately, the runs are just a bit too short for me to consider getting a pass there. I probably would get a night skiing pass if I lived within 30 minutes or so of there though.

You had a pass at Ragged and you live in Southeast NH? That's a trek for 1200 vert.

edit: though I guess there isn't much else in your area and Ragged skis big.

Last edited: