• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Something is Brewing at Sundown at it's not Beer!

Tin

Sundown designating a trail as a double black diamond could inflate the egos of a couple of dozen CT skiers. When they head north and ski "legitimate" double black diamond trails they might find themselves on a trail that is above their ability resulting in many tragic deaths or even worse frustrating zipper line mogul skiers behind them. My guess is that once you have mastered Satan's Stairway then Ripcord at Mt Snow will be the only challenge left for you as a Northeastern skier.

Post of the day!

Savemeasammy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408137741.602151.jpg
Since "Satan's Stairway" is a double-black, can we assume it looks something like this? ;)

I'm happy to see that Sundown is adding a new bump run, I just wish you guys (along with 95% of the other ski areas out there) would keep it real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMadWorld

View attachment 13194
Since "Satan's Stairway" is a double-black, can we assume it looks something like this? ;)

I'm happy to see that Sundown is adding a new bump run, I just wish you guys (along with 95% of the other ski areas out there) would keep it real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's impossible to take a picture that does that middle section justice

steamboat1

Ski Sundown, USA

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP0470.jpg
    IMGP0470.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

powhunter

Don't give a flying F if it's designated as a black or double black. It's gonna be fun as shit having that trail at our local mountain. You haters should come ski it when it's bumped up before formulating opinions

Greg

Staff member
Anyone that takes this much issue with how a little ski area in CT rates their trails is probably one of the biggest posers out there. Congratulations.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Anyone that takes this much issue with how a little ski area in CT rates their trails is probably one of the biggest posers out there. Congratulations.

Must be something in the name....nice passive aggressive attack

There really isn't anything passive aggressive about his response. He was quite direct.

Madroch

Ditto... Get a hobby folks....

skiNEwhere

Hi there Greg. Welcome to the forums. You should post an introduction :smash: