• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Something is Brewing at Sundown at it's not Beer!

dlague

Sooooo your saying not everyone should get a trophy?! Shit.

Well one of my kids got a trophy that had "Outstanding Player" and was psyched until he found out - so did everyone else on the team! Damn PC shit! So now day everyone gets a trophy and they get to ski black trails!

2knees

When you C.L.I.T.'s want a real challenge, come on up to the mighty Sunapee, and give one our six double blacks a try.

I gotta get back there this winter. The goose is a blast.

The lightning bolt pants have been officially retired btw. they smell like shit!!!

Savemeasammy

When you C.L.I.T.'s want a real challenge, come on up to the mighty Sunapee, and give one our six double blacks a try.

Or step up your game on one of Pats black diamond glades. Just don't stop in the middle of one, or you might forget which way is downhill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powbmps

I gotta get back there this winter. The goose is a blast.

The lightning bolt pants have been officially retired btw. they smell like shit!!!

That's a damn shame. You should pull them out of retirement for Mary Jane. I'm sure they have spent some time there in the past.

MadMadWorld

Anyone that takes this much issue with how a little ski area in CT rates their trails is probably one of the biggest posers out there. Congratulations.

Yeah, so maybe I should dig a little deeper than my little drive-by. Sorry I couldn't respond right away. I had better things to do on a beautiful summer Saturday afternoon than argue on a message board. Anyway, taking issue whether a ski area warrants a black or double black or whatever rating is pathetic. What's the issue? Are you offended that a ski area wants to rate a trail a certain way, because it's not perceived as bad ass as "real" black diamonds? :roll: Or are you offended that they may use it as a marketing tactic? Newsflash - you're marketed to every single day, probably not even knowing it most of the time. Get over it.

Here's my perspective. I ski at Sundown. I like having decent bump runs 25 minutes away. As far as I'm concerned, they can whore the crap out of their new double diamond. I hope it sparks some interest in the hill. I hope some new people check out Sundown as a result. I hope it brings in some extra revenue which they can then put back into other improvements on the hill. See how this all works? What all the haters don't seem to see is that pound for pound, Sundown is managed better than most ski areas, at least in terms of offering terrain for all preferences and abilities despite extremely limited real estate.

Part of me thinks this may be just one big troll which I actually hope is the case cuz that means you're just pathetically bored, and not just pathetic.

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/topic/2027-ski-denton-steepest-in-the-east/?p=33532#entry33532

Wait what was that....pathetic? Poser? what does that shit make you? That's pretty sad.

2knees

You spent the time to dig up a post from 10 years ago on another forum? :razz: yeah, that's normal!

bust Greg's balls till the end of time but don't look like an obsessed freak doing it.

MadMadWorld

You spent the time to dig up a post from 10 years ago on another forum? :razz: yeah, that's normal!

bust Greg's balls till the end of time but don't look like an obsessed freak doing it.

Funny you say that since you were the one that bumped the thread I found it in 2 days ago! So who looks silly now?

2knees

Funny you say that since you were the one that bumped the thread I found it in 2 days ago! So who looks silly now?

Even funnier. That was a thread from alpinezone that I actually was around for. I remembered it. See how that works?

Savemeasammy

Funny stuff. You were the one who bumped the Denton thread. I read it to see what all the fuss was about. I found it ironic that Greg was flaming them for their marketing claims, and that he was getting defensive when the spotlight shone on SS.

Hopefully all of our "bashing" gives SS a little extra attention, and they benefit from it. I wish my local hill was as committed to bump skiing. You guys have a good thing going.

I think that Goosebumps is a bigger abomination to the DD ranking than Satan's Stairway. At least SS has bumps...

powhunter

Satans deserves the DD ranking because it won't get a lot of sun so it's gonna be silver bullets and irregular shaped moguls. The only time it will ski good is with a dump or in the spring

powbmps

Blasphemer!!!!

The Goose is mogul perfection. Seeded bumps on the flats? Width only matters if you're skiing sideways.

Get back on track with your Sundown bashing.

It isn't steep at all, and it isn't bumped up for it's entire length or width.