• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Something is Brewing at Sundown at it's not Beer!

VTKilarney

Interesting article about Satan's Stairway. I didn't realize that Satan liked to carpet his stairways. I'm not sure if they got creative with the camera angle, but it is certainly steeper than the average Connecticut trail - for whatever that's worth.

VTKilarney

They've just posted some artists renditions of what the trail will look like in the winter.

TripleCoul-Plotz-12.jpg

131126174149-best-ski-runs---12-corbets-couloir-horizontal-gallery.jpg

skiNEwhere

I heard you can earn a free season pass by side stepping down the trail in the early season to mitigate the avalanche danger

VTKilarney

IMG_6244.jpg

Domeskier

I think they ought to change Exhibition's name to Satan's Landing and continue to seed all the way to the lifts.

Madroch

[emoji106] to satans landing... Now, we just need to revive "horn", find a way to merge it safely...leave it as horn, or maybe satan's horn, satan's bypass, temptation, etc

Last edited:

VTKilarney

After looking at those photos, I'm scratching my head at how mogulskiing.net described the trail.
Here is what they said:
After a short, almost flat run in from the chair skiers will come to the first crest where the trail angles down into a more intermediate steepness. Shortly after that is a second crest. This is where the real steepness starts. Most skiers will likely ski down to this point and stop to gather themselves before tackling the main portion of the trail. The rest of the run is a consistently steep pitch straight down the fall line to the bottom.

skiNEwhere

AZ summit at ski sundown? We could get a discount on the steep and deep clinic

MadMadWorld

After looking at those photos, I'm scratching my head at how mogulskiing.net described the trail.
Here is what they said:
After a short, almost flat run in from the chair skiers will come to the first crest where the trail angles down into a more intermediate steepness. Shortly after that is a second crest. This is where the real steepness starts. Most skiers will likely ski down to this point and stop to gather themselves before tackling the main portion of the trail. The rest of the run is a consistently steep pitch straight down the fall line to the bottom.

Lol you must stop and gather yourself before you get to the real gnar.

Mapnut

Yes, the real gnar occurs in that dark brown patch in Kilarney's photo (post 329). Those are mogul seeds you see there.