• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Something is Brewing at Sundown at it's not Beer!

2knees

Oh here's another lemming!

son, i have no issue with you, these asinine arguments have been around az for 10 years. Does it REALLY bother you or are you more interested in getting people to post stupid shit?

skiNEwhere

Hey, lemmings are hardcore. They'll huck a cliffs with no qualms whatsoever

I think it's safe to say this thread is officially derailed

MadMadWorld

son, i have no issue with you, these asinine arguments have been around az for 10 years. Does it REALLY bother you or are you more interested in getting people to post stupid shit?

I'm not your son tough guy. What annoys me is some folks blind devotion to Sundown. You folks can't accept any criticism without jumping down people's throats.

2knees

I'm not your son tough guy. What annoys me is some folks blind devotion to Sundown. You folks can't accept any criticism without jumping down people's throats.

where did i jump down anyone's throat? and where did i defend or argue against what they rate the trail as? I'm confused by your anger. it seems misplaced. enjoy your saturday, i'm off to take my kids for an evening swim. it's beautiful outside.

Madroch

The more things change the more they stay the same... Free gss...

Savemeasammy

then the majority of blacks at mad river glen should be DDDD and when it's a snow drought year they should be D^inf.

btw, I would have used DDD but satan's stairway at nite is the standard bearer.

I look forward to bringing my kids to MRG someday. They are going to be in for a rude awakening when they find out that blues at MRG ski like DD's at Pats Peak though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmcunni

i fixed it

attachment.php

Attachments

• Satans_Stairway.jpg
    Satans_Stairway.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 161

Greg

Staff member
Must be something in the name....nice passive aggressive attack

Sad that some people (Greg) take a criticism of a mountain and turn it into a personal attack. Some people on this board need to get over the fact that not everyone is going to kiss Sundown's ass

Yeah, so maybe I should dig a little deeper than my little drive-by. Sorry I couldn't respond right away. I had better things to do on a beautiful summer Saturday afternoon than argue on a message board. Anyway, taking issue whether a ski area warrants a black or double black or whatever rating is pathetic. What's the issue? Are you offended that a ski area wants to rate a trail a certain way, because it's not perceived as bad ass as "real" black diamonds? :roll: Or are you offended that they may use it as a marketing tactic? Newsflash - you're marketed to every single day, probably not even knowing it most of the time. Get over it.

Here's my perspective. I ski at Sundown. I like having decent bump runs 25 minutes away. As far as I'm concerned, they can whore the crap out of their new double diamond. I hope it sparks some interest in the hill. I hope some new people check out Sundown as a result. I hope it brings in some extra revenue which they can then put back into other improvements on the hill. See how this all works? What all the haters don't seem to see is that pound for pound, Sundown is managed better than most ski areas, at least in terms of offering terrain for all preferences and abilities despite extremely limited real estate.

Part of me thinks this may be just one big troll which I actually hope is the case cuz that means you're just pathetically bored, and not just pathetic.

Last edited:

steamboat1

Yeah, so maybe I should dig a little deeper than my little drive-by. Sorry I couldn't respond right away. I had better things to do on a beautiful summer Saturday afternoon than argue on a message board. Anyway, taking issue whether a ski area warrants a black or double black or whatever rating is pathetic. What's the issue? Are you offended that a ski area wants to rate a trail a certain way, because it's not perceived as bad ass as "real" black diamonds? :roll: Or are you offended that they may use it as a marketing tactic? Newsflash - you're marketed to every single day, probably not even knowing it most of the time. Get over it.

Here's my perspective. I ski at Sundown. I like having decent bump runs 25 minutes away. As far as I'm concerned, they can whore the crap out of their new double diamond. I hope it sparks some interest in the hill. I hope some new people check out Sundown as a result. I hope it brings in some extra revenue which they can then put back into other improvements on the hill. See how this all works? What all the haters don't seem to see is that pound for pound, Sundown is managed better than most ski areas, at least in terms of offering terrain for all preferences and abilities despite extremely limited real estate.

Part of me thinks this may be just one big troll which I actually hope is the case cuz that means you're just pathetically bored, and not just pathetic.
Go back in your hole.