• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Foliage Stoke

Tin

Is the interior from your car? Didn't know you had a Volvo MT...

Yup, it's an 05 with 120k on it but the previous owner was quite anal to say the least. Carfax and other reports had him/her bringing it to the dealership every 2-3k for an oil change and whatever else it needed.

Warp Daddy

Do it NOW !!! it is at peak color here in the Olympic region of the Daks !!!! We did a 230 mile loop today and it is prime color ., sunny 76 degrees .......dont wait !!!!

4aprice

Incredible weekend of leaf peeping up in NH and Vermont. (not our main reason for being up there, but a nice perk) Kancamagus Highway was packed Saturday. We actually thought that Sunday up around the Killington area had the most spectacular colors. NYS Thruway was packed on the way home last night.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

hammer

Yup, it's an 05 with 120k on it but the previous owner was quite anal to say the least. Carfax and other reports had him/her bringing it to the dealership every 2-3k for an oil change and whatever else it needed.
Mine's a 2009 AT with 82K miles. Original owner, get the oil changes done IAW the maintenance schedule, every 7,500 miles. Dealer maintenance can get pricey.

Noticing a lot more change here in the flatlands. This past weekend must have been fantastic for the leaf peepers, we would have tried for a camping trip but I was already signed up for a race on Sunday morning. Not good to have the lack of rain but I wonder if that's keeping the leaves on the trees longer.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
The foliage has been outstanding this year here in the NEK. Driving around with polarized sunglasses on yesterday almost resulted in me driving off the road on several occasions as I rubbernecked at the leaves :-o.
Blue sky with light whispy clouds added nicely to the scene.

dlague

The foliage has been outstanding this year here in the NEK. Driving around with polarized sunglasses on yesterday almost resulted in me driving off the road on several occasions as I rubbernecked at the leaves :-o.

Great reflection shots! I have sunglasses that are polarized with a red tint and the colors just pop!

BenedictGomez

About a mile closer to Plattekill

View attachment 13817

FIXED.

Ugh.... this picture belongs in the energy thread as a prime example of these ugly, cost inefficient, windmills destroying the beautiful Vermont landscape.

steamboat1

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo_gallery__mg_0036.jpg
    photo_gallery__mg_0036.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 174

bigbog

Terrific stuff from VT guys. Was out and around the Loaf, Bigelows and Saddleback yesterday...but with the passenger + open-jaw gazes at the mtns with clear weather + late start = I didn't grab any pics. ...but did get to rte #16(ME) shop that carries the some of the stuff...F12s + hand-flex time with Cham, its HM and Kabookie:-o.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Here in the central NEK, it has been a bit of a strange foliage season. We peaked a few days early and the leave that turned kind of dried up in the warm dry weather we had. This resulted in the area being past peak above 1600' and below 1000' for over a week now. However, this week that narrow 600' band of elevation peaked. There has also been a pretty good number of maples that turned late and are now turning at the same time as the poplars. While it definitely isn't peak conditions everywhere, there are really good pockets of color. I got some pretty nice pictures this weekend in that 600' elevation band of foliage.