• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Foliage Stoke

jack97

Do the two of you have to find a way to crowbar in your anti-agw beliefs in every thread possible? You already do so in all the weather threads, now foliage picture threads are game too. Yawn

Not here to discuss AGW

Just here to say wtf??? Now the anti-agw zealots are banging their drums in a foliage thread.

lol.... for someone who is tired and yawning over the same arguments.... you seem to be stoking up the conversation.

btw.... who said this is about AWG?

BenedictGomez

All I'm saying is the anti-agw members of this forum are loud and will take any opportunity to crowbar their beliefs into a conversation. A windmill picture is posted and anti-agw crusader BG acts like he saw a picture of the WTC

Ironic. It is you who brought up AGW in this thread - directly. I simply mentioned that those windmills on mountain tops are friggin' ugly (which they obviously are), as I have before. It has absolutely nothing to do with AGW, and your linking them is completely bizarre.

But please, do feel free to attempt to explain how not believing in human-created Global Warming somehow dovetails into a correlation with believing windmills on top of Vermont mountains is ugly.

This outta be entertaining reading you strenuously trying to somehow link them....... I'm make some popcorn....

you forgot geothermal and going vegan to get our carbon footprint back to pre 1970 emissions.

They always do. Or not owning pets. Or many other things that would be more beneficial to our planet, IF you genuinely believe the IPCC's lead science that they supposedly purport to believe. From a logic standpoint, it's a strange thing. Which leads you to believe it's either blind faith in ideology, simple ignorance, or perhaps a bit of both - all unhappy options.

Have to call BS, this reeks of hypocrisy. IMO you started this by bringing the oil rig statement in response to BG's.

No way man, it was as clear as day. I advise you not to mention that you preferred Tom Hanks' performance in Forrest Gump to his performance in Philadelphia. That would obviously be blatant homophobia. I mean, duh, who couldnt read between those lines!

Whatever Jack. You know damn well BG wouldn't have made that comment if someone posted a picture of beautiful WV or PA foliage with a giant coal power plant in the background.

Ummm...... given the same picture I probably would have. That sounds pretty friggin' nasty.

FWIW, I think Three Mile Island et al is pretty nasty looking to, though I have absolutely no problem with nuclear energy.

Do the two of you have to find a way to crowbar in your anti-agw beliefs in every thread possible?

Again. Please tie the statement that windmills ruining the top of a lovely Vermont fall foliage picture is somehow an anti man-made globing warming comment? Cant wait for this one.... Potentially this has Stowe Kitchen Wall ski hucking potential it's so absurd.

eating-popcorn.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Fabulous execution of the quote features BG. I hope you've gotten over the sadness of seeing those nasty windmills.

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's called an opinion jack (obviously). I've always thought they looked cool. Just like any other form of manmade architecture / construction, opinions are going to vary (obviously).

Savemeasammy

We sometimes see the windmills from the Lempster Mountain wind farm on some of our hikes. Actually, I think they are kind if neat to see. I'm sure if too many ridge lines in the northeast get covered with windmills it will get ugly, but I think the few that we have are actually interesting to see.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

jack97

I hate seeing the mcmansions on former farm/orchards. I rather see quaint cottages or something that looks rural to that setting.

Windmills across the mountain just don't seem right to me.

Savemeasammy

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1413370547.231443.jpg
Back on topic. Looking up at the maple tree in front of our house. This is one expensive tree. It's roots are growing into our sewer pipe, so it cost us $600 to have them cleared a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Windmills across the mountain just don't seem right to me.

The irony of this statement is that's it made on a message board celebrating our mountains being carved to pieces by trails and lifts and massive amounts of man made development. I would assume that those who find Windmills to be a blight on our landscape would find ski areas to be equally as awful to look at.

dlague

Bach on track attempt #2. Was golfing at Jay Peak this past weekend and this is was is left! Foliage is definitely hanging in there this year. Winter here soon!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1413377537.230774.jpg

Savemeasammy

The irony of this statement is that's it made on a message board celebrating our mountains being carved to pieces by trails and lifts and massive amounts of man made development. I would assume that those who find Windmills to be a blight on our landscape would find ski areas to be equally as awful to look at.

True. Story.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I hate seeing the mcmansions on former farm/orchards. I rather see quaint cottages

You're clearly a communist-loving, anti-capitalist who hates the rich. Enough with your Occupy Wall Street extremist beliefs. Go join a drum circle!

#deadheadskierLogic

EDIT:
Back on topic. Looking up at the maple tree in front of our house.

Okay, agreed. Good point.

dlague

I have resisted so long ....

I think ski areas are beautiful to look at - especially during the winter! Lodging is at the base so no one sees it!

Here is a thought! Some of the microwave/cell towers are camouflaged with fake pine branches even though they tower way above the tree tops - lets do the same with the windmills! Sure it will take away the aerodynamics but....

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Time to take this off track again....
I'm sure if too many ridge lines in the northeast get covered with windmills it will get ugly, but I think the few that we have are actually interesting to see.

That is getting to be the problem here in the rural northern sections of NY, VT, NH, and ME. A wind farm has been constructed on nearly every prominent ridgeline through this area. Starting in the west with the Altona, NY farm on across to the large farm near Eustis ME. Every ridgeline has a farm on it at some point except for the main Green Mountain spine, the Essex County highlands in VT, and the high peaks of the White Mtns.
The Essex County highlands in VT barely escaped a 40+ turbine development (green group of lines on the map). The reason that project failed is that people around here had enough of being stepped on by the wind development companies. The NIMBY movement finally came to a head with that project since there isn't really that much backyard left.

Global warming or not. The cost/benefit of these huge farms really has yet to be determined and people around here really wanted to slow down the blasting of mountaintops until the benefits can actually be determined.

Last edited: