• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Foliage Stoke

Edd

I thought I was on acid when I saw this thing today on the ground. So cool I grabbed it.
attachment.php

Very cool indeed.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Here are a couple of examples of the reds this year. It seems like the drier weather we've had this year (relative to the soakers we've had the last few years) has been kind to the leaves and the color is very uniform with very little splotchiness.

Island Pond:
15292504276_c3df3f2674_o.jpg

Graniteville:
15128835470_8ed06dabdf_o.jpg

These are tight shots since the big panoramic shots are still kind of green.

Note: There was very little color adjustment done to these pictures. That is the actual red! :D

4aprice

Heading up to NH and Vt this weekend to see kids (PSU and CSC). Weather supposed to be good so taking the camera. I would imagine its getting near peak, should be spectacular. Definitely plan on hitting Kangamangus Pass (sp?). Certainly not a lot of hotel space to be found, and the reservation was made several weeks ago.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Savemeasammy

Heading up to NH and Vt this weekend to see kids (PSU and CSC). Weather supposed to be good so taking the camera. I would imagine its getting near peak, should be spectacular. Definitely plan on hitting Kangamangus Pass (sp?). Certainly not a lot of hotel space to be found, and the reservation was made several weeks ago.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

We will be camping in the Whites this weekend. With the forecast, I'm surprised that so many sites are available. It should be a great weekend.

Be careful... there might be a lot of out-of-staters up there this weekend ;)

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Moar FALL!
15165690069_c77895af5d_b.jpg

15165875918_09f9dd5a0b_b.jpg

This one is a closeup of the sunset reflecting off the windows of the tram and summit buildings of Cannon Mtn 32 miles away. It was actually hard to look directly at it. Almost like a laser pointer.
15349268171_8a3d9c9fb4_b.jpg

Last edited: