• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Yet another new term

Puck it

The media is throwing a new today.

Global Warming Hiatus or Global Warming Slowdown.

Go

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I wanted to use this cartoon, and this was the first appropriate thread that I came across.

BQOZAcsCUAAvx6f.jpg

fbrissette

So they are saying the weather predictions are actually accurate if we can predict 2099. Booya!!!

If you want to be taken seriously on this topic, you should first learn the difference between weather and climate. That would be a good start.

jack97

If you want to be taken seriously on this topic, you should first learn the difference between weather and climate. That would be a good start.

i guess some of us missed the latest note from the commissar......when its unprecedented hot weather its relates to climate. and when its unprecedented cold weather its just weather which has nothing to do with climate.

fbrissette

.....when its unprecedented hot weather its relates to climate. and when its unprecedented cold weather its just weather which has nothing to do with climate.

Not understanding the difference between climate and weather is a common mistake. This mistake is made by people on both sides of the fence. However, making that mistake is a sure sign that your opinion on climate change is worthless. That's the point I was trying to make.

jack97

Not understanding the difference between climate and weather is a common mistake. This mistake is made by people on both sides of the fence. However, making that mistake is a sure sign that your opinion on climate change is worthless. That's the point I was trying to make.

supporting a hypothesis which is not backed by observed data is equally worthless. in addition, believing only on results from non validated computer models is more than useless, its idiotic.

fbrissette

supporting a hypothesis which is not backed by observed data is equally worthless. in addition, believing only on results from non validated computer models is more than useless, its idiotic.

It's a good thing we have you Jack. Clearly those thousands of climate scientist who trained and dedicated part of their lives to the study of climate are idiotic, useless and worthless. Thanks for saving us !

skiNEwhere

Jack97, serious question, do you even ski????

I don't think I've ever seen you post in actual ski related threads, just politically charged threads such as this one that tie into skiing.

jack97

It's a good thing we have you Jack. Clearly those thousands of climate scientist who trained and dedicated part of their lives to the study of climate are idiotic, useless and worthless. Thanks for saving us !

lol....using that consensus argument again? i give creds to those scientist in charge of measuring and ensuring the quality of those data sets.

wrt to your hyperbole, they are not useless and worthless. its the ones who support who support the hypothesis AGW that are useless.... getting back to the topic, they are the reason we have another term.

jack97

Jack97, serious question, do you even ski????

I don't think I've ever seen you post in actual ski related threads, just politically charged threads such as this one that tie into skiing.

yes.