• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the oldest thing you own and still use?

ctenidae

House: Built 1850, but we haven't owned it that long.
I have a cast iron skillet that I got from my Dad about 20 years ago, he got it from his father when he went off to college, no telling how long he'd used it before.
I have a shotgun that I got when I was 10, so about 30 years ago.
We have a flat screen TV that we got in 2006 or so, still works great, amazingly.

darent

7 1/4 " skil wormdrive saw, bought in1974, my Official Boy Scout hatchett bought in 1960

WoodCore

Still rock out to my 1960 Dynaco stereo system on a daily basis! Nothing finer than a good set of vacuum tubes pumping out the tunes!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Schweet, WC. I do agree whole heartedly. I've got some vintage Mac tube equipment my parents purchased new back in '62 I believe. Nothing sounds as warm as vacuum tubes.

Isn't that the basis for the movie Foo Fighters did a couple years back? What was it?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
2001? I still have a T-shirt I wear from boot camp in the USAF back in 1999.

I'm sure I'm using lots of stuff even older than that. i have an old German cabinet passed down from my family that dates somewhere into the 1800's.

dlague

My son has a RCA 20" TV from 1987, bought from JC Penny when I lived in California, in his room that still works great for movies and he connected one of our retired video game systems (PS 2 circa 2000) to it as well.

wa-loaf

I've got a christmas cactus that's over 100 years old and is still alive. Belonged to my wife's grandmother.

Warp Daddy

I've got a christmas cactus that's over 100 years old and is still alive. Belonged to my wife's grandmother.

I forgot , i have one of those too from my mom it has to older than i am at 71 .i also have a cigar stand and a dining room table from my grandmother that has to be well over 100 yrs old .

Geoff

I walk on the earth every day. The creationists say it's 6,000 years old. Scientists say it's 4 1/2 billion years old.

What do I win? :)

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I walk on the earth every day. The creationists say it's 6,000 years old. Scientists say it's 4 1/2 billion years old.

What do I win? :)

You don't have a use for the Sun? - 'cause I think it's older either way. So - You'll get nothing and like it! 8)