• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the oldest thing you own and still use?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I saw this posted on FB and thought it good question. I think I still use a t-shirt from 2001. It's from Lenny and Joe's Fishtail in Madison CT. Maybe a couple knit ski hat's from the 90s.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

skiNEwhere

I got a wind up clock that was supposably made in the late 1800's/early 1900's from my great-great-grandparents that still works.

I don't even like to even touch it though, I'm afraid it will explode and all the springs will shoot in different directions.

Not sure what it is worth but I imagine that I would get a little bit of money if I took it onto pawn stars. Or chumlee would offer me 10 bucks for it. One of the two

crank

I have some old tools, saws and such that once belonged to my grandfather.

JimG.

Staff member
I have a plastic mug I bought in 1986 at Wellesley Island in the thousand islands area of the St. Lawrence River. Bought it for camp drinking and still use it for late afternoon and evening fishing.

Warp Daddy

Ok so this is weird BUT in 1963 i bought a very expensive pr of Floresheim shell cordovan shoes for a college event .They cost me a small fortune then and i loved them , i have had them reshod multiple times . They have. Been in my closet since then. I use them only for very special formal occasions . Perhaps once or at best twice a yr . These still look like new and i will be buried in the damn things too ;)

steamboat1

Meissen porcellain (figurines, plates, cups & saucers). Some of it is close to 300 years old.

Oldest thing I made myself is a lamp base I made in HS. I'd be dating myself if I said how old it is.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Meissen porcellain (figurines, plates, cups & saucers). Some of it is close to 300 years old.

Oldest thing I made myself is a lamp base I made in HS. I'd be dating myself if I said how old it is.

You use these things? I think my wife would shoot me if I used 300 year old cup and saucer.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Skiing wise. a pair of mismatched color black and yellow ski pole grips I pulled from the trash at a ski shop I worked at when I as 16.
I moved them from poles to poles ,30+ years later their still flexible and very ergonomically designed.

House wise , Great Grandmothers 150yr old kerosene lamp when the power goes out , have a generator for part of the house but pull out the lamp from time to time

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Skiing wise. a pair of mismatched color black and yellow ski pole grips I pulled from the trash at a ski shop I worked at when I as 16. I moved them from poles to poles ,30+ years later their still flexible and very ergonomically designed.

That's pretty cool. Are they right and left?

ScottySkis

My car from my late grandma a 1996 Honda Accord with 55,000 miles. It might hit 60miles by 2016(broken odomter)