• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$1M for Mittersill "improvement project"

AdironRider

Everything is accessible from the top! At the base is where you have to skate to - skateway, appropriately named.

I second the statement of resorts closing lifts midweek, it makes business sense. I see the electric bills from these ski areas and they are significant!

I dont know, maybe not the most relative example, but I think its like selling your Accounts Receivable for 80 cents on the dollar. Yes its a short term boost, but long term, public perception hurts you more.

Noone will think of an area as the best if they cant run everything all the time. It is what it is. For Cannon and Gore and the other comparable state owned areas, its a necessity it appears. They also can charge less so that eases the annoyance factor.

dlague

I remember like 12 years ago North VT was great at getting snow off 89 during snow storms. Not so much any more it sad because I know with my car I cant make it their so I go else where and they louse money at a place in North VT.

Remind me to only use credit cards when visiting North VT.

I think you want to fumigate and change you get back.

Insect jokes......what a nerd. Although maybe I am too since I know what a louse is.

This shit cracks me up!

Smellytele

I dont know, maybe not the most relative example, but I think its like selling your Accounts Receivable for 80 cents on the dollar. Yes its a short term boost, but long term, public perception hurts you more.

Noone will think of an area as the best if they cant run everything all the time. It is what it is. For Cannon and Gore and the other comparable state owned areas, its a necessity it appears. They also can charge less so that eases the annoyance factor.

Even "The beast of the east" closes some lifts mid week

witch hobble

Calling out the Mittersill double as a waste seems to have been an accurate assessment among several others. Those who did the calling out seem to be less accurate and also with an agenda.

Bob, his agenda was more broad than that. That particular aspect of his argument actually warranted some sympathy....and the whole Mittersill experiment is still playing out.

witch hobble

I would like to take a moment here and give a shout out to the Hampton Beach parking meters!!! Keep doing what you are doing!

bobbutts

Bob, his agenda was more broad than that. That particular aspect of his argument actually warranted some sympathy....and the whole Mittersill experiment is still playing out.
Agree. I'm saying there was a point where people just started disagreeing with everything he said due to his agenda and their personal dislike of him. His valid points were lost.

Puck it

Agree. I'm saying there was a point where people just started disagreeing with everything he said due to his agenda and their personal dislike of him. His valid points were lost.
And there were vaild point for calling out the little illegal trail cutter. He was a hippocrite.

Domeskier

But his secret stash remained hidden, right?!?!?!??

AdironRider

All his dirty laundry came out a few years ago in another Cannon thread.

He like to cut illegal trails then make a hissy fit when busted.

I also, and this is just my theory, think he works for a NH competitor of Cannon's, but I have no proof.