• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Robin Williams dies

skiNEwhere

Just heard that. He seems like the kind of personality where people either loved him or hated him.

Either way, we leaves behind a wife and 3 kids. Sad :(

I always thought this was a pretty funny skit of his

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sad

Mork and Mindy was definitely one of my favorite TV shows as a little kid. I wasn't really old enough for much of it to fully grasp the comedy, but he was just so crazy and seeing my parents and older brother in tears laughing made it on my favorites.

RIP

ScottySkis

RIP

I saw live on Leno when I was in LA visiting and helping someone move back to NYC. Blue Man Group was on to that night. He got up and started playing with the band. I was sober no alchol and no mj and I never laughed so hard in my life thanks Robin for all the great comedy you did.

JimG.

Staff member
"Nanu Nanu"

One of Mork's favorite sayings.

Tortured by depression and addiction his entire life. Even sober he was always on the edge. So sad he was not able to defeat those demons in the end.

Cornhead

RIP Robin, just goes to show we all have our crosses to bear in life regardless of fame and fortune, his mental problems might have actually been the source of both. I would bet most creative geniuses are mentally tortured.

Edd

Death to Smoochy, man. Off the wall funny and dark with a great cast. One of his top 3 in my book.

Also, the time Mork faced off with the Fonz was an important TV moment.

jimk

RIP. Depression is nothing to play with. My favorite film with Robin Williams was The World According to Garp. But wow, when he'd get rolling with one of those particularly manic stand-up monologues he could blow you away.:razz:

Warp Daddy

RIP to a comedic genius , a guy who simply had to entertain . His mind was like lighting in a bottle yet the poor soul struggled with clinical depression , so sad for his family and those who admired his body of work .

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

See-the-problem-is-that.jpg

Last edited:

ScottySkis

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/entertainment/robin-williams-death-hits-gorilla-friend-hard
so sad

Robin made Koko smile -- something she hadn't done for over 6 months, ever since her lifelong gorilla companion, Michael, passed away at the age of 27. But not only did Robin cheer up Koko, the effect was mutual, and Robin seemed transformed -- from a high-energy entertainer, into a mellow, sensitive, empathetic guy, who also happened to be really funny.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Very sad news. He was such a funny guy. One of my wife's favorite movies was Mrs. Doubtfire. And I always really enjoyed What Dreams May Come despite the crappy reviews.

bigbog

Sad news indeed, but then none of us will live forever...
Life is tough with the $$$ made from television and movies:-?...but he had a positive attitude when talking to youth...and scripts adopted it...(just from what I observed during his career<only>).

Tin

So sad, you never know what someone is going through.

I've had to hospitalize two people since this happened and both mentioned his suicide and his life in comparison to their own. Events such as this have a hell of a ripple.