• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Requisites for a ski-off??

skiNEwhere

So it's come up in AZ here and there about ski offs. Usually in a joking matter but I think the rules need to be outlined in case one is ever needed :)

What's required? Is it just start at point A and get to point B as fast as possible?

Highway Star

You need someone who is a jerk on the internet but can't actually ski.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I guess at a minimum you need skis and some snow.

We should design an official Ski Off format in case we need it in the future.

Savemeasammy

A ski-off is typically arranged by a 3rd party between two unwilling participants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimG.

Staff member
A ski-off is typically arranged by a 3rd party between two unwilling participants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the participants are placed back to back and the 3rd party counts out 10 paces; at 10 paces the 2 participants turn and...

wait a minute, wrong game.

skiNEwhere

Proposed rule #1.

If an AZer wishes to challenge another AZer to a ski off, he or she will remove their left ski glove and throw it at the feet of the person they wish to challenge. If in the presence of other AZers, they may exclaim "OOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" as needed to add the appropriate amount of effect. The recipient of the challenge then has 30 seconds to accept or refuse. Any refusal constitutes a forfeit.

Now all we need is this written in legalese. That includes the "ooooohhhh" part

WzGy44

Proposed rule #1.

If an AZer wishes to challenge another AZer to a ski off, he or she will remove their left ski glove and throw it at the feet of the person they wish to challenge. If in the presence of other AZers, they may exclaim "OOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" as needed to add the appropriate amount of effect. The recipient of the challenge then has 30 seconds to accept or refuse. Any refusal constitutes a forfeit.

Now all we need is this written in legalese. That includes the "ooooohhhh" part

This is a good start but we need to add some other stuff. The person turns down the challenge then should be obligated to buy a round of beers, or in the case an actual ski off the first person to the bar wins and the loser has to pay the tab. The longer it takes you to get to the bar the bigger the tab!

skiNEwhere

This is a good start but we need to add some other stuff. The person turns down the challenge then should be obligated to buy a round of beers, or in the case an actual ski off the first person to the bar wins and the loser has to pay the tab. The longer it takes you to get to the bar the bigger the tab!

hmmm......You might be on to something.......

WzGy44

Might as well set a date .............Cannon Saturday 4/11/15 ?

I like the location but we can't be waiting until April! But that's a good date for a finale. We can get real creative and make the tuckerbrook trail off the backside of mittersill part of the race.