• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunnto Metron

SKIQUATTRO

I know its an older model, but can anyone tell me how to work this thing? I printed off the maual but feel it'd be easier to launch the space shuttle!! the time is set, BARO is accuate, the Comapass is fine...how do i work it to calculate the vert i ski in a day? I realize you have to set it when you get to the base of the mtn to the elevation...how?? cant figrue it out...HELP!!!

SkiDog

does no one here wear a SUUNTO?? and know how to operate it?

I have a vector...and when you go to the altimeter "page" there should be a "start/stop" button thats used for stopwatch functions and others as well...if you have the vert tracking ability in that model you'll hear it beep when you press start and it will blink "LOGBOOK". When done for day hit stop and then I think its mode...wait a second or 2 and it should display LO1 (if its the first log) and then it will auto scroll through the laps, vert ascended, and descended, time, etc...

Hope this helps....

M

SKIQUATTRO

I have 4 buttons on mine (SELECT/MODE/-/+) say i take a trip from here on long island (watch set at 60' above sea level) and drive up to say PICO. I then have to reset the altitude, no??? Also, how do i reset the info thats in teh log book back to 0 for the start of a new day??

SIKSKIER

SQ,I have a Vector also that I have not used in a year so I forgot how the function keys work.I left it in my skibag at the skihouse so I can't check on that till this weekend(2-3-07).Sorry I'm not more help but I will be next week if you still need help.A couple short answers though.My Vector has 4 buttons also and I'm sure they have the same function.You probably WILL have to reset the altimeter if you want the most acurate elevation info.If all you care about is how much vertical you skied,it won't matter.I know your frustration cuz if I don't use mine on a regular basis,I forget how it works.

SkiDog

I have 4 buttons on mine (SELECT/MODE/-/+) say i take a trip from here on long island (watch set at 60' above sea level) and drive up to say PICO. I then have to reset the altitude, no??? Also, how do i reset the info thats in teh log book back to 0 for the start of a new day??

You dont reset it...it keeps a log based on date...I think my vector holds over 40 for history...there is a reset somewhere in the manual..I DO NOT reset my altitude..it works off barometric pressure to determine altitude. I usually find it within a few feet of mtn measurements.....I have not reset the altimeter since the first setup....might want to recalibrate after flying with it though as the cabin is pressurized so the watch may go out of whack...

Let me know if this helps.

M

SIKSKIER

I think Skidog has been very fortunate if his altimeter is always within a few feet.They can change by hundreds of feet over night depending on low or high barametric pressure.My last trip to British Columbia 3 weeks ago,my buddy had his change 300+ feet from one day to the next.Unfortunately,I brought mine but the battery died the first day and there were no replacements at the lodge which is 21 miles and 4500 ft up from civilization.Skidog is right in that when you start-then stop the log,that is the end of that log.The next time you start again,you will begin a new log.I'll get more info for you.

SkiDog

I think Skidog has been very fortunate if his altimeter is always within a few feet.They can change by hundreds of feet over night depending on low or high barametric pressure.My last trip to British Columbia 3 weeks ago,my buddy had his change 300+ feet from one day to the next.Unfortunately,I brought mine but the battery died the first day and there were no replacements at the lodge which is 21 miles and 4500 ft up from civilization.Skidog is right in that when you start-then stop the log,that is the end of that log.The next time you start again,you will begin a new log.I'll get more info for you.

Dont get me wrong...its been off by hundreds of feet, but I believe this is based on incoming fronts moving in due to weather....it has always recalibrated itself on its own without my intervention.....never messed up vertical feet though, might be sticky if you thought you were on "top" of a peak based on its reading and actually were not....

M

SKIQUATTRO

so i guess there is a way to just reset the laps and amt over vert skiied so you start at zero each day.

SkiDog

so i guess there is a way to just reset the laps and amt over vert skiied so you start at zero each day.

It will start a new log each time you press start....the logs will be numbered....1, 2, 3, etc.....until it reaches its max (im up a little over 40) then it will go back and start anew...there is a way in the manual to start a fresh by resetting the entire log book.

M