• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where do you do most of your skiing?

Where do you do most of your skiing?

• Pennsylvania

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • New York

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Connecticut

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Massachussetts

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Vermont

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • New Hampshire

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Maine

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Quebec

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockies/ non Northeast

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters

darent

mine changes from year to year,last year it was Maine, we did a week at SR and went to the Summit at the loaf, year before it was Vermont and before that New Hampshire. Try to make it out west every other year.

catsup948

Besides two seasons I lived out west I've skied Berkshire East about 20-40 times a season depending on conditions. I head up after work and weekends when I'm not up north. When I head up north I tend to go where I can find deals. I like to try new places or revisit mountains I have not been to in a while.

powhunter

Killington and Sundown. But am gonna spend some more time spring bump skiing at Hunter. Last spring was OTH!

ScottySkis

Killington and Sundown. But am gonna spend some more time spring bump skiing at Hunter. Last spring was OTH!

Did I meet you last year at Hunter I had a spring pass and snow conditions where great from when I bought to pass to the last days on the hill. I so happy I got that pass.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That Sugarloaf trip brings me back East every year. Hopefully I can continue to keep doing that. It's looking to be an early winter out West, I pretty much am already starting my car in the morning to warm it up before work.

4aprice

For the last 10 years the majority of my skiing has been in the Pocono's, which is the practically the back yard. It was great for our kids as they grew up with the girl getting into teaching and the boy into racing, and it allowed the wife and I quite a bit of time on the snow. Despite the reputation (with the exception of prime Holiday periods) most of the time it really wasn't that bad. We also developed some great friendships over the years as ski areas in general are a pretty small community and you get to know fellow pass holders fairly well. Well the nest is emptying and the winds of change are starting to blow. I was against it but the wife convinced me to re-up our passes for the up coming season, however, the obligation to be there just doesn't exist anymore so it will be a much different season. I will still get my share of days there but many of them will be weekday mornings where I can go up ski and be back by 12:00. Will also do a few weekends there but more for the social scene then the actual skiing. News of the new Hotel opening in spring 2015 (should not be problematic this season) makes me even more certain that this will be my last as a pass holder.

So looking ahead, both kids are up in Northern New England, a built in excuse to go north. The girl is in Vermont, boy in New Hampshire but I'm not going to head up each and every weekend, more like twice a month till March when I will go a little more. I definitely see several trips up to the Catskills in order. I also see that with the local school vacation calendar out of the way no problems in getting out to Utah (maybe even flying to DIA then skiing/driving our way through Colo to Utah and back) for a 10-day trip. It's definitely going to be a different year.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

catskillman

I work at the River, so I ski there. I'm there 7 days a week, I work 5 and ski 3. Last two years, I've intended to ski loon and the loaf, as my company pass works there, but..... This year for sure. And I'm off Wednesdays and Thursdays!!!!!
What world do you live in with 8 day weeks?? I work 5 and ski 3 WOW

Cornhead

I pretty much am already starting my car in the morning to warm it up before work.
Sweet, can't wait to ski some more in CO this year, I think the AZ Summit may be my only New England excursion, love to hit Saddleback while up there, have yet to ski the upper mountain there.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2