• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

P90X3 AlpineZone Challenge Group - Get Those Ski Legs Ready! Starts Sept. 1st!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Alright guys & gals! It’s that time of year – time to get in shape for ski season! Don't let this be another year where you have to quit at 2PM because your quads can't take it.

attachment.php

Presenting: The AlpineZone P90X3 Challenge!

Who: AlpineZone Members

When: The 90 Day Program Runs from 9/1/2014 – 12/1/2014. You need to sign up by 8/25 to reserve a spot. First come first serve! We are timing the end of this so you are in prime shape for ski season!

What is it: P90X3 is a 90-day extreme home fitness program designed to get you ripped in just 30 minutes a day. Each one of these accelerated 30-minute workouts has been uniquely developed to produce the greatest physical change in your body, in the most efficient way.

What’s Included:
The P90X3 AlpineZone Challenge Pack Includes:
  • 16 extreme 30-minute workouts on 8 DVDs, "How to Accelerate" DVD, Fitness Guide, Nutrition Plan, and Workout Calendar. The Base Kit comes with a total of 9 DVDs.
  • A bonus Leg DVD - P90X One on One: On One Leg DVD
  • Our forum-based challenge group and a corresponding Facebook challenge page where we will motivate each other and provide tips and tricks for progress.
  • Your first 30-day supply of Shakeology—the superfood shake designed to give you energy, reduce your cravings, and accelerate your fitness results—delivered on Home Direct, the monthly autoship program.
  • A 30–day 100% moneyback guarantee if you aren’t satisfied
  • Free signup as what is known as a “discount coach” ($40 value) Why be a discount coach? Anything you purchase in the future from Beachbody will be available to you at 25% off, including future shipments of Shakeology. This alone saves you almost $20 a month.
  • An AlpineZone T-shirt for completing the program
  • A chance to win a (slightly used) Go-Pro Hero 2 POV camera! Rules TBD.
  • P90X3 Challenge Pack Price: $205

What equipment do I need:
Recommended equipment includes a chin-up bar and resistance bands or dumbbells (10-40 lbs for men, 5-25 lbs for women). Optional equipment includes a jump mat/yoga mat, and PowerStands.

How do I sign up?
Send an email to Nick@alpinezone.com with the following information:
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • E-mail address
  • Flavor Shakeology (Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Greenberry, Vegan Chocolate, and Vegan Tropical Strawberry)

After receiving the email, we will pre-register you to the Challenge Group. You will get an email with a link to complete the sign-up process. That’s it! Limited Spots available.

Have questions? Ask below or send me a PM!

I'm doing this with you guys as well. I did P90X in 2009 and had the strongest ski legs I've ever had any season. My goal this year is to ski the entire day with ease and these workouts let that happen.

Attachments

• P90X3-Challenge-Group.jpg
    P90X3-Challenge-Group.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 271

ScottySkis

That seems intense. I glad to see and you and your family doing this stuff. I stick to gym and hiking for now.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
That seems intense. I glad to see and you and your family doing this stuff. I stick to gym and hiking for now.

I like hiking and the gym but I found that running just didn't do it for me. Last year wasn't that great for skiing but the year before (2012/13) I had only run during the year in prep for ski season, and my quads were burned out by 1 -2 PM every day. I was running 5 miles 4 - 5 days per week.

I just did the Triometrics workout yesterday from P90X3 - holy crap it's a quad burner. Plus I've lost 10 pounds so I an fit into my ski pants :p

Check out this post on my weight progress. Down 2 more pounds since then to 182 now! --http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/93414-Running-anyone?p=851199&viewfull=1#post851199

attachment.php

Edd

A good buddy of mine just finished the regular P90X routine. He did the before and after picture thing and the results are like right out the TV ads. Pretty insane. He did quit booze completely during it, which I think makes a big difference.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Here is my before / after. Along with my wife. I did maintain it for about a year but then creeped up again, to about 190-ish - never back to the full 210 haha. Right now I'm about 182 / 183, so I'm about 2 or 3 weeks away from my "after" picture before.

I didn't drink for the first three weeks but after that I did start drinking on Fri & Sat nights only. I was pretty strict with my diet also.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10351306_10203300513105788_1427565123655609115_n.jpg
    10351306_10203300513105788_1427565123655609115_n.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 178

steamboat1

I just do a lot of walking & bike riding to stay somewhat in shape. Lucky for me weight has never been an issue. I'm 6'0" & have weighed betwenn 180-185 for 40 years, even with my a beer belly.

Edd

Wow, crazy pics, Nick! It's impressive to finish that program.

I was at the doctors office today and later noticed on the paperwork that they put my BMI at 24.4. I'm 5'11", 175. I'm like a sliver from being in the overweight category. I'm a fairly lanky looking dude. That BMI stuff is harsh. I am aiming to drop about 10 lbs, though. Got a trip to Key West coming up.

hammer

Looking to do strength training but I don't want to give up my running routine and/or karate workouts...even with the shorter workout times adding P90X3 would be a bit of a time commitment. I'd also do terribly with the diet, just running usually keeps me from gaining weight.

Nick, it looks like you got some real good results with the program. Hope you get some takers.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I really wanted to join in on this but I kind of feel the same way. I need to get out of the house usually with the dog so to cut into my running routine and then find an other 30 minutes to lift weights/tone is really hard for me. Typically I get to a certain point of my generally 4ish mile run and I do abs, pushups and like squat jumps or something. That way when I get home I can sit my butt on the couch with a glass of wine and cheese and crackers!!!

But really right now I just don't have the time, in about a month when things calm down I would like to join this and actually do it to the T and see what kind of results I achieve.

Right now I really don't see a difference because I am in a routine - but right now with how busy I am, that routine is the only thing that keeps my day sane!

darent

are these exercise high impact, do they have a program for old farts with arthritic knees ?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Darent - some of the exercises can be high impact (jumping) but you can modify almost every move that falls in that category and they have a guy doing that. The instructor (Tony Horton) is actually 60 years old. The workout I did yesterday (Triometrics) had a guy with a shattered patella.

The bottom line is in my non-Doctorial opinion that if your knees can hold up to skiing, you would be fine with the program.

dlague

My wife and I are thinking about it. Time is always an issue with us! We started juicing for breakfast and I lost about 8-10 lbs and have now plateaued. Concern I have - once I lose the weight it may come back quickly unless we continue. My brother and sister work out or run respectively and can not stop. How long will they keep it up?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The workouts are awesome. 30 minutes is what makes this so much better for me at least than the original P90X (which was an hour plus).

I actually blend the Shakeology in a nutribullet. I do it for breakfast - I mix a scoop of it with about 5 ice cubes, 2 TB of PB2 (peanut butter powder, you can get at Target) and 10oz of iced coffee. It keeps me going most of the morning. I'll have a banana a little later like 11AM or so.

I've been working out at least 4 - 5x per week for over 10 years now. If I didn't, I would be 30 or 40 pounds heavier than I am today, for sure. Part of the reason I work out is because I like to eat :lol:

Last year was lame. I went skiing at Magic my one day and I was so annoyed because by 1:30PM my quads were completely shot. I want to be strong out there and not risk injury and get a full day in, particularly if we have a powder day. I also really like P90X3 right now because it has a lot of core and balance work and I've noticeably improved my balance, which I'm sure will help me this year on the slopes.

If you and your wife want to sign up I can have some other options that can save you some $. I'll send you a PM tomorrow morning!

xwhaler

Nick, pretty dramatic before/after shots....a testament to both your commitment to the program but also the success of it.
Right now I'm focused on running 3 miles a few days after work. Like you I've also stopped having a beer or 2/3 after work. Since Early July I'm down 9 lbs and now below 200 for the 1st time in about 3 yrs.
Goal is to maintain a healthy 175 at 6' 1" and feel light/fit for ski season but realize I'm a long ways off from that---- I just keep pushing and stay the course.
I'm not looking forward to when the days get so short that I either need to run at night or go to the gym and hop on the treadmill. That will be a test of my dedication to this!

I look fwd to tracking along side you guys and watching your progress....hope to share some good powder turns this yr!

darent

nick send me some info, sounds interesting, since I started coaching springboard diving at the high school it wrecked my health club pre season workout schedule. the 30 minute workout works for my schedule.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I"ll message you :)

JEez. I did diving when I was in the 5th grade or something. I did a belly flop and I've hated it ever since. I mean I like regular diving but could never get into flips or anything.

darent

I was a trampolinist and diver growing up, taught trapeze at a childrens circus, I have a good background in flipping and twisting. never tried either on skis though.