• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

P90X3 AlpineZone Challenge Group - Get Those Ski Legs Ready! Starts Sept. 1st!

wa-loaf

I already have p90x3 and want to play along, but don't want to do shakeology. Can I still sign up?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've had a few questions from folks about the whole "discount coach" thing. Basically, what I am doing is signing people up in a way that saves them $ in the long run. When you get a challenge pack, you can opt to enroll as a "coach" for free. The word "coach" has thrown some people off. Basically, as a "coach", you get 25% off every single future purchase from Beachbody.com, so if you needed resistance bands, another month's shakeology, a pull-up bar, whatever; it's 25% off. Nothing else to do.

If that doesn't matter to you, here is a direct link where you can go get P90X3 and the Shakeology you want together. without any of the "coach" stuff. You won't get the 25% discount in the future though.

In order to get in on this by Sep 1st, make sure you order this weekend! It takes about a week to ship.

By the way, I just got under 180 for hte first time in six years. I'm excited :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10552490_10203563799407781_1677676000340981425_n.jpg
    10552490_10203563799407781_1677676000340981425_n.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 134

wa-loaf

So it's still not clear if we can participate if we already have p90X3 and don't want to sign up on Beach Body.

skiNEwhere

^i would think so. I got the drink package but I'm not doing p90x since I'm already doing insanity, if that helps

dlague

I've had a few questions from folks about the whole "discount coach" thing. Basically, what I am doing is signing people up in a way that saves them $ in the long run. When you get a challenge pack, you can opt to enroll as a "coach" for free. The word "coach" has thrown some people off. Basically, as a "coach", you get 25% off every single future purchase from Beachbody.com, so if you needed resistance bands, another month's shakeology, a pull-up bar, whatever; it's 25% off. Nothing else to do.

If that doesn't matter to you, here is a direct link where you can go get P90X3 and the Shakeology you want together. without any of the "coach" stuff. You won't get the 25% discount in the future though.

In order to get in on this by Sep 1st, make sure you order this weekend! It takes about a week to ship.

By the way, I just got under 180 for hte first time in six years. I'm excited :)

attachment.php

Do you have to use Shakeology? We tried Shakeology and did not like the flavor all that much. We blend our own shakes each morning using Kale or Spinach blended with fruits and protien. I have lost around 8 pounds so far with out changing anything else or even working out.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Do you have to use Shakeology? We tried Shakeology and did not like the flavor all that much. We blend our own shakes each morning using Kale or Spinach blended with fruits and protien. I have lost around 8 pounds so far with out changing anything else or even working out.

The challenge pack does include the 1st month's worth of it.

So I tried Shakeology (Greenberry) like 5 years ago when I first did P90X (the first set of before / after pictures I posted). I hated it then. All I had done then was throw a scoop in some water and shake it up. It was terrible. Chalky lumpy. Ugh.

We have the chocolate now and I've been doing it for about 2 months. I actually have a hard time now w/out it. I blend it in my Nutribullet (I do the same as you, I still use my nutribullet to throw kale, strawberries, banana, pineapple and some almonds or cashews or flax seed for lunch sometimes). But I blend it with 8 oz of iced coffee, 2 scoops of PB2 (which is a powdered peanut butter) and a handful of ice cubes, and it's freaking awesome like that. If you like coffee. There are lots of different recipes.

You definitely don't have to keep using it and the cool thing is that they have a pretty good guarantee, if you finish up the bag and didn't like it you can send the entire thing back and they refund the $$, i think they call it their bottom of the bag guarantee. I'm kinda addicted though now and FWIW I am the world's biggest skeptic for things like this. But it's working for me. I'm down 15 pounds in 2 months. My ski pants are actually kinda loose which I'm excited about, the year before last I had to sort of squeeze into them. My wife always says I buy clothes too tight (ha, ha) but I always tell her if I just dropped 5 pounds they'd fit me fine. Well now everything fits me fine, lol!

BenedictGomez

It’s that time of year – time to get in shape for ski season! Don't let this be another year where you have to quit at 2PM because your quads can't take it.

I cant do the PX90, but can anyone recommend some good skiing-related leg exercises to prevent the above? As a kid I did ice hockey, tennis, skiing, and martial arts, essentially the 4 best things you can do for your legs, and as a result my legs were tree trunks. To the point where the rest of my life (literally) I did NOTHING for them, I didn't need to, I'd go to the gym and only do above-the-waist exercises.

Well, years of neglect have caught up to my legs, and at Smuggs last year during 2 of the best powder days of the year, I had to tap-out on day two at 2pm. Granted this was after skiing from 8-4 on day one, and fairly aggressive tree runs on day two, but I dont want this to happen to me again.

By the way, I just got under 180 for hte first time in six years. I'm excited :smile:

I just got over 180 for the first time in three years, I'm not excited! (currently 182, shooting for 172)

skiNEwhere

If the second or third segment of p90x is anything like the second half of insanity, it's gonna suck!

Just started week 6 of insanity, thought I was starting to get in shape, but the first class of the second half kicked my ass last night.

Sent from my iPod touch using AlpineZone

Cannonball

I can't do this specific routine with you guys (money and schedule). But I'm currently in the worst shape of my life and hell-bent on changing that before full-on ski season. I'm at 190 now with goals of 175 by mid-November (my birthday) and 170 by the end of the year. Obviously it's not all about weight, so I also have some endurance goals. See you guys on the other side!!!

skiNEwhere

Someone should make a p90x spinoff that caters to skiing. I imagine there would be a lot of calf and quad exercises in there, maybe with a couple of tricep workouts mixed in just in case you get stuck on juggernaut lol

hammer

I can't do this specific routine with you guys (money and schedule). But I'm currently in the worst shape of my life and hell-bent on changing that before full-on ski season. I'm at 190 now with goals of 175 by mid-November (my birthday) and 170 by the end of the year. Obviously it's not all about weight, so I also have some endurance goals. See you guys on the other side!!!
If your situation is similar to mine a few years ago, and your body (and temperament) can take it then I'd suggest a basic running routine. Won't do too much for strength (my ski legs still suck) but when I started running a few years ago I trimmed 15-20 pounds and significantly improved my endurance in a few months.

Last edited:

hammer

How much coordination does it take to do one of these programs (P90, Insanity)? I've done a few of those free on-demand workouts and I end up spending a good chunk of time just trying to get the moves right...

skiNEwhere

How much coordination does it take to do one of these programs (P90, Insanity)? I've done a few of those free on-demand workouts and I end up spending a good chunk of time just trying to get the moves right...

Insanity does not take much at all. The hardest exercise I've had is the simulated cross jumping rope, where your arms go left and your legs go right

Cannonball

If your situation is similar to mine a few years ago, and your body (and temperament) can take it then I'd suggest a running routine. Won't do too much for strength (my ski legs still suck) but when I started running a few years ago I trimmed 15-20 pounds and significantly improved my endurance in a few months.

Thanks. Yeah, I do a combination of running, lifting, hiking, biking, and lots of yoga. Plus big diet changes. I've done Insanity and had great results. But I can't get going on a program like that because I have a bunch of extended ship time coming up. Those weeks tend be spent on treadmills and rowing machines.

hammer

Thanks. Yeah, I do a combination of running, lifting, hiking, biking, and lots of yoga. Plus big diet changes. I've done Insanity and had great results. But I can't get going on a program like that because I have a bunch of extended ship time coming up. Those weeks tend be spent on treadmills and rowing machines.
So you are already active and still can't get the weight down? I'm lucky in that as long as I keep the cardio up I can eat anything and the weight stays down (somewhat).

Give you credit for putting up with the workouts on the equipment. I can run a good distance outside but can't stand a treadmill.

Has anyone done one of these programs "part time" with any decent results? Even with the recent trend to limit the workout times I'm guessing it's still a commitment to doing something several days a week. Between running 4 days and two 90-minute workouts in evenings I spend several hours doing PT a week, which is doable mainly because I have a good work schedule.

BenedictGomez

I do a combination of running, lifting, hiking, biking, and lots of yoga. Plus big diet changes. I've done Insanity and had great results. But I can't get going on a program like that because I have a bunch of extended ship time coming up.

If you could only do 1 thing, the bolded above is the most important. Diet and Exercise are about 70:30 in the weight loss relationship.

Obviously, as everyone knows, both are important, but if you could only do one, diet is more than twice as important as exercise. You could lose weight by mathematically counting calories versus your age, sex, and weight and not exercise. Conversely, even if you were on an Olympic swimming regimen, you could overeat the exercise benefits.

Cannonball

So you are already active and still can't get the weight down? I'm lucky in that as long as I keep the cardio up I can eat anything and the weight stays down (somewhat).

No, these are the things I do when I'm active. I've had a crappy and too busy work summer with virtually no exercise and terrible eating habits.

Finally getting back on track now and I'm not worried at all about coming up short of my goals.