• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown

powhunter

Ski Sundown-Gunbarrel

Now that Ski Sundown has a cut a signature/dedicated bump run. I think Gunbarrel should be left ungroomed in this spring and let natural bumps form rather then seeding. Thoughts??

Savemeasammy

.02 on this subject: I had a pass at Pats Peak the past 2 seasons. Their bump run is Hurricane, and the bumps are natural. My first season there, the bumps weren't great. They were very arrhythmic, and it was hard to get a line going. This past season was much better. There were several good lines (though no real top-to-bottom lines...). I suspect the difference is because the bumps formed on a mid-week powder day. The snow-plowing masses were not around, so the bumps were formed by the true die-hards.

I would love to have the option of having both a seeded AND a natural bump run to ski on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

Now that Ski Sundown has a cut a signature/dedicated bump run. I think Gunbarrel should be left ungroomed in this spring and let natural bumps form rather then seeding. Thoughts??

If this does happen it should be listed as a double diamond, possibly triple diamond.

powhunter

With all the hype about the new double diamond mogul run at Ski Sundown, if you have never skied or ridden there would you now?

Domeskier

Sundown has officially laid down the gauntlet with Satan's Staircase. It's not a question of _if_ you will ski it, but _when_.

Savemeasammy

I might be willing to go, but I'm a little worried that there might be a bounty on my head for not adhering to the party line!

Savemeasammy

With all the hype about the new double diamond mogul run at Ski Sundown, if you have never skied or ridden there would you now?

Sundown might be taking a few sucker punches, but they sure are getting attention. That's Mission Accomplished in my book.

Hawkshot99

Been there once, and will never return. I managed to tear my ACL while racing in a Skier-X race. The people running the race and ski patrol was useless.

I was able to carefully ski down to the finish after hurting myself. The guy at the bottom with a radio would not radio the organizers at the top to tell them I was dropping out because of injury, just kept telling me to take the chair back up and tell them myself.

Sat in the ski patrol building for around 30 mins before anyone showed up, and they just said dont put weight on it...

dlague

Sundown has officially laid down the gauntlet with Satan's Staircase. It's not a question of _if_ you will ski it, but _when_.

In my case, when is never! Why drive 3 hours south to ski a half dozen trails. My local hills are Pats Peak, Gunstock, and Ragged. I get more night skiing terrain out of Gunstocks or Pats Peak then all of Sundown has during the day. Beyond local hills there are plenty of options for me in VT, NH, ME that are within 2 hours. Not to mention that it is kind of pricey for a small hill!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone