• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer is getting on and fall is near

Madroch

As winter approaches, thought we could use a thread about all the exciting things happening at ski sundown, the MRG of CT...

Domeskier

I think that's a capital idea. Solid "A" material. Not, mind you, elite NE university "A" material but definitely a good regional college "A." Assuming good regional colleges should even be permitted to give As. Wouldn't want their students getting they idea that they can compete on the same terms as elite NE university students, right?

jack97

I think that's a capital idea. Solid "A" material. Not, mind you, elite NE university "A" material but definitely a good regional college "A." Assuming good regional colleges should even be permitted to give As. Wouldn't want their students getting they idea that they can compete on the same terms as elite NE university students, right?

You mean not all "A"s are universal? Some "A"s are harder to get than other "A"s.... wtf? I figure we would have a standardization of "A"s for all higher level institutions.

Domeskier

I know, right? What if someone (heaven help us) gets it in their head to transfer!!!

jack97

I know, right? What if someone (heaven help us) gets it in their head to transfer!!!

What about the emotional scars they will receive when they realized the level of difficulty of getting an "A" differs from school to school.

dlague

What about the emotional scars they will receive when they realized the level of difficulty of getting an "A" differs from school to school.

And if they go to an even easier school it may over boost their ego!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
So I was out in central MA today and my daughter was getting 7 month photos done. It's definitley getting crisper and starting to transition to fall. Some certain tree species are yellowing up and dropping leaves. It's slowly happening, but it's coming. I can feel it in the air.

dlague

My wi is bumming since beach opportunities have been limited - claims she did not get her summer. As long as that translates to early season skiing, I am ok with it!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Currently at my parent's place in Ludlow/Okemo, VT....aka Sundown North, home of the most ridiculed DDs in VT.

We walked out on the deck this afternoon and saw a Black Bear 20 feet away. If winter was near, that bastard would be hibernating. I yelled at him to go to sleep.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Actually it was 0 3 6 and 1 year. But six months had scheduling issues. So it was actually the six month session at seven months. Lol

Mapnut

I got a Double-D on a computer course back in college. Really deserved to flunk but they couldn't bring themselves to do it.
Summer can't be over yet, there's still only been one Atlantic hurricane.

I must commend this forum, you're finding a lot more to talk about than Snowjournal.

dlague

I got a Double-D on a computer course back in college. Really deserved to flunk but they couldn't bring themselves to do it.
Summer can't be over yet, there's still only been one Atlantic hurricane.

I must commend this forum, you're finding a lot more to talk about than Snowjournal.

That is because of global cooling!