• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where is Spruce Cliffs??

skiNEwhere

I just looked at the Sunday River trail and noticed that spruce cliffs is gone.

Every time I skied by it, it was closed, is this why it was taken off the map? Is it an unofficial trail now or are there ropes at the entrance?

skiNEwhere

You need to get back here. That's been off the maps for a good 7 years maybe?

I know, I do. In my defense, I couldn't find anything on AZ about it. I just wanted to know why it was removed.

Will be back after Thanksgiving. I'm gonna hit up either Magic or Smuggs, as I haven't been to either.

MadMadWorld

I know, I do. In my defense, I couldn't find anything on AZ about it. I just wanted to know why it was removed.

Will be back after Thanksgiving. I'm gonna hit up either Magic or Smuggs, as I haven't been to either.

Well magic doesn't usually open until the second weekend in December. Let me know when your back so we can make some turns and maybe fall down some mountains ;)

Edd

I haven't noticed ropes at the entrance for quite some time. Ski it if you can.

4aprice

I was up at Sunday River several years ago and Spruce Cliffs was the only run that wasn't open (was on map at that time). The reason I was given was that it was a south facing run and prone to melting off quickly.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

skiNEwhere

Well magic doesn't usually open until the second weekend in December. Let me know when your back so we can make some turns and maybe fall down some mountains ;)

Absolutely. Sounds good. Except for the second part, I think I hit my quota for 20+ second slides for the decade

dlague

This video is a little long but .... here are a couple of kids who skied it in 2013 - bites it good around the 6 minute mark got tagged by a snow snake and met his brother face to face!

powbmps

That sh*t is so rad all the snow slides off before it has a chance to melt. If you're not the first one down, you're skiing rocks and dirt.

skiNEwhere

This video is a little long but .... here are a couple of kids who skied it in 2013 - bites it good around the 6 minute mark got tagged by a snow snake and met his brother face to face!

6:06 to be exact. That was a tree he hit, not the other guy. Looks like that hurt quite a bit....

Doesn't seem like a bad run if there is sufficient snow cover.

SR probably removed it from the trail map because it prevented them from saying they were 100% open.

Highway Star

Wow, that passes a gnar at Sunday River? Glad to see the place is still gaper central. Somebody should confiscate that kid's gopro and sweet vintage poles for hacking so bad.