• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most Gaperific eastern ski mountain?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Hey I have a CB jacket! :) It is an insulated layer soft shell arms with quilted body. I thought they were long gone after the 80's but found one last year.

Wore mine at Tux this year, still fit from 85, been in my closet for years but is still mint! used to wear it with my Descante racing pants Bought the pants to impress a chick that worked at the ski shop :sadwalk:. Wore jeans too, No Dolomite boots though.

Judder

Bennington, VT / Rochester, VT / Sugarbush
Stratton and Mt Snow due to the heavy NY and Jersey factor. I tell you the worst kind of gapers are the ones fully kitted out in the best gear with fancy BMW/Mercedes/Audis. Those in Carhartts and Starter jackets are cool with me. Take a look at Magic - aint no frills on those folk.

I can't even imagine what Mountain Creek or Windham is like… Like a Westchester shopping mall?

Rowsdower

Stratton and Mt Snow due to the heavy NY and Jersey factor. I tell you the worst kind of gapers are the ones fully kitted out in the best gear with fancy BMW/Mercedes/Audis. Those in Carhartts and Starter jackets are cool with me. Take a look at Magic - aint no frills on those folk.

I can't even imagine what Mountain Creek or Windham is like… Like a Westchester shopping mall?

Windham moreso than MC. Mountain Creek has more of the crusty teenage snowboarder crowd.

BenedictGomez

the worst kind of gapers are the ones fully kitted out in the best gear with fancy BMW/Mercedes/Audis.

I can easily top this. On separate trips to Whiteface last year I saw a Lamborghini.

Options:
A) Complete moron
B) So rich he doesn't care
C) Both A & B

neonleonbst

I can easily top this. On separate trips to Whiteface last year I saw a Lamborghini.

Options:
A) Complete moron
C) Both A & B

"What this piece of junk? ...Psssh throw your skis in there that's what I've got the other Lambo for. Now just watch your legs"

Last edited:

MadMadWorld

Options:
A) Complete moron
C) Both A & B

I wish I had taken a picture but I was driving at the time....but some guy had a full roof mounted bike rack on his Porsche

skiNEwhere

Here's some food for thought since its still summer.....if the guy in the Lamborghini was an amazingly good skier, would he still be a gaper?

I say if he pulled up to the resort all cocky and such but could ski, he would just be a dbag but not a gaper

BenedictGomez

I say if he pulled up to the resort all cocky and such but could ski, he would just be a dbag but not a gaper

Correct.

Anyone who shows up at a ski resort in a Lamborghini simply has an overwhelming desire to be seen in a Lamborghini.

Low self-esteem + new money is the formula.

skiNEwhere

What an a-hole! He didn't even offer that guy skinning a lift.

I rest my case.

Sent from my iPod touch using AlpineZone