• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most Gaperific eastern ski mountain?

Vortex

QUOTE=SkiFanE;852649]REally? Wow...you didn't strike me as a gaper...! :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

I would find it hard to classify you and won't try. Not going to mess with you.

SkiFanE

QUOTE=SkiFanE;852649]REally? Wow...you didn't strike me as a gaper...! :thumbup:

I would find it hard to classify you and won't try. Not going to mess with you.[/QUOTE]

You know I'm just joshing bob :) Wow, I'm unclassifiable!

hammer

No votes for Okemo? Although I think Wachusett has it beat.

Any ski area can be high on the gaper meter during holiday weeks.

Next question I have is which ski area is the least gaperific?

skiNEwhere

MRG. Jay wasn't when I went, with all their changes and additions though I could see there to be a "gaper gentrification" of sorts.

hammer

Never been to MRG but I can certainly agree on Magic. Also quite accommodating to those of us with less than ideal skill sets.

On the one trip I made to Cannon I got the sense it was anti-gaper (which is a bit different from least gaperific). Need to get back there sometime on a good day.

MadMadWorld

No votes for Okemo? Although I think Wachusett has it beat.

Any ski area can be high on the gaper meter during holiday weeks.

MRG definitely puts out some of the best young skiers out there. Smuggs is known for its beginner program but a lot of folks can rip. Magic, Stowe, Jay all of have some great talent. A lot of the big resorts have lots of talent but on a gaper per capita I would have to say MRG followed by Magic.