• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

6 hours to kill in Seattle. Suggestions please

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll be heading out to Seattle on Friday. I have never been there. I'll have about 6 hours to kill late afternoon into the evening before catching a red eye flight back to Boston.

Any suggestions on what to do in the city?

I was thinking of checking out the EMP museum and then catching dinner somewhere before heading back to the airport. Anyone ever been to the EMP museum?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hmmm....maybe I'll belly up to the bar and order the $125 Chateaubriand for 2. :lol:

That would probably be the gut bomb I'm looking for to make me sleep the whole red eye flight home.

Edd

Hmmm....maybe I'll belly up to the bar and order the $125 Chateaubriand for 2. :lol:

That would probably be the gut bomb I'm looking for to make me sleep the whole red eye flight home.

Yeah, it's insane but we were in vacation mode. The place felt like the set of a movie to me. So many great choices in that area though.

drjeff

May your redeye back be easier sleeping than the one I was on a few weeks ago from Portland when I was bringing my daughter and one of her ski racer friends home from Mount Hood. There were literally OVER 20 kids under the age of 5, including multiple infants, on that Jetblue flight! :eek: That flight couldn't land at Logan quick enough!! :lol:

ScottySkis

Mount Hood go for a summer ski on the glaicer their. And maybe try one of those new shops selling that plant again what it called again. Have a fun stay what ever you do.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've thought about going and seeing the fish chuckers as an option.

I think I've settled on EMP museum, followed by the space needle for the sunset if it's a clear day, dinner and then back to the airport.

Going to be a brutally long day. Fly out of Boston at 7AM, arrive in Seattle at 10. Interview at 2. Leave Seattle at 11:30 and arrive back in Boston at 7AM on Saturday. As mentioned in prior threads, I can't stand flying and I get to spend 11 hours on a plane in 24 hours. If I don't get this job, I'm going to be really pissed. :lol:

xwhaler

Too bad the Mariners arent in town, that woulda been my pick, supposed to be a great park....ironically they are on the road vs the Red Sox!
Good luck on the interview DHS

deadheadskier

Staff member
Seahawks have a preseason game that night, which is intriguing, but I'd like to check out the city a bit instead of tying myself down for a three hour game.

wa-loaf

Going to be a brutally long day. Fly out of Boston at 7AM, arrive in Seattle at 10. Interview at 2. Leave Seattle at 11:30 and arrive back in Boston at 7AM on Saturday. As mentioned in prior threads, I can't stand flying and I get to spend 11 hours on a plane in 24 hours. If I don't get this job, I'm going to be really pissed. :lol:

Thinking about ditching us for the PNW?

dlague

Visit Evo the actual shop for www,evo.com and shop for ski gear! Try and visit as many Starbucks as possible there are over 400 there!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Thinking about ditching us for the PNW?

nope. Though having Crystal Mountain as the home hill would be pretty sweet.

It's for a medical device sales gig. MA, VT, NH and ME is the territory. Corporate HQ is in Seattle.

Cannonball

EMP museum is really fun and a good fit for the amount and type of time you have available. The fish markets are "must see" in the way that Faneuil Hall is "must see"....as in you kinda have to but it's exactly what you'll expect from a touristy spot.

skiNEwhere

How good of shape are you in? Mt.Rainier has been hiked up and back in under 6 hours before :lol: