• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stash Discussion Private Subforum - Yes or No?

Should we have a private stash discussion subforum for qualified users?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiNEwhere

500 posts are way too low. Like I was saying in the other thread, GSS got like 1,000 in under 2 months.

IF, and that's a big IF, there was even to be anything like it, there should be some sort of reputation meter that you need to meet.

The big problem I would see is that members would taketh, and not giveth back.

xwhaler

Come out and ski with other AZ'ers and they/we will show you stashes. This should be the best/most fun way to find them/learn about them, not posting online.

My $.02

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Come out and ski with other AZ'ers and they/we will show you stashes. This should be the best/most fun way to find them/learn about them, not posting online.

My $.02

I think that's the best way too but I've been at certain resorts and would like to find out what might exist. I would love to be able to ask the question and find out from someone who has been there, even if they won't be while I am there.

I get what everyone is saying though with regards to keeping it more private. That's why I thought of this to begin with. If it's a crappy idea which it seems to be leaning towards then everyone can feel free to beat me up :)

Savemeasammy

My $.02

This.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

moresnow

No thank you.

Get out there and ski. In time you'll find them.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
if you delineate at 500 post minimum we are up to 210 :lol:

Also there are a lot of PM discussions that go on about all this obviously. In my mind I had this "black book of skiing" idea hidden from the general populace haha.

skiNEwhere

if you delineate at 500 post minimum we are up to 210 :lol:

Also there are a lot of PM discussions that go on about all this obviously. In my mind I had this "black book of skiing" idea hidden from the general populace haha.

How are you getting that number? Did you have to manually count or did you run a SQL query or something like?

If the latter, I'd like to know how many of those members are active. As in posting in the last 6 months.

I'd be careful Nick. You could borderline be committing treason.

Domeskier

I don't get what all this secret stash fuss is about. Unless your mountain's on-map offerings suck, why would a non-regular care about your secret stashes? And if your on map offerings are insufficient to keep an occasional skier occupied, can your secret stashes be much better? When K and other resorts started marking previously "secret" woods/glades on their maps did the trees fill in with the dead bodies of unwashed noobs or something?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
How are you getting that number? Did you have to manually count or did you run a SQL query or something like?

If the latter, I'd like to know how many of those members are active. As in posting in the last 6 months.

I'd be careful Nick. You could borderline be committing treason.

I'm not doing anything, was just asking the question :)

I get the numbers by doing a member export based on criteria (in this case, minimum post count)

MadMadWorld

I think it's a great idea in theory I just think it might backfire cause more hostility then it's worth....and that's coming from me

Tin

My $.02

Ding, ding, ding....

That subforum would piss a lot of people off and it would be a giant threads like HS's and "I wont tell" bull shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.