• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hampshire 100

Website
www.nebackcountry.blogspot.com
I did my first endurance race this past weekend at the Hampshire 100. Given that it was my first, I opted for the 100km option. There was a lot of learning done, but also a lot of fun.

They had camping at the start/finish line, decent food onsite, great volunteers and excellent turn-out from the locals.

From the other riders I heard that this year's course was more difficult than in previous years. I highly recommend next year's for anyone thinking about giving it a try.

I'm also thinking of doing the Green Mountain Trails endurance race in September and CircumBurke at the end of October.

Anyone else race on Sunday?

http://nebackcountry.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-hampshire-100-its-really-just.html#more

ScottySkis

Holly cow that an awesome day of hours on a mountain bike. Great report NBC I hope to be able to 25% of what you did when I am in better shape which I am working on now.

mlctvt

a friend of mine did it. He's much faster than me, he finished in 7:40