• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I don't get it

skiNEwhere

Why do people sign up for the website and not post or reply to a single thread?

Maybe to see attached photos?:dontknow:

I'd like to know how many members of this site have 0 posts.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
^Also, as a method of encouraging registration, there are significantly less advertisements on the website if you are registered on the site.

Registered members just have a banner in the header & footer. Unregistered users also get a rectangle ad in the first & last post on a page.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I think we have something like 6k registered members (real ones, not bots. At one point we had like 12,000 but there were like 7,000 spambots).

Of that, probably at least 1/3 - 1/2 have never made a single post, believe it or not.

For every person browsing the site as a member, there are another 15 - 20 that are just viewing content without registering or logging in.

skiNEwhere

I think we have something like 6k registered members (real ones, not bots. At one point we had like 12,000 but there were like 7,000 spambots).

Of that, probably at least 1/3 - 1/2 have never made a single post, believe it or not.

For every person browsing the site as a member, there are another 15 - 20 that are just viewing content without registering or logging in.

Good info. It's been a while since i signed up for this site, do you use that "capcha" image thing that has those really hard words to read that you have to enter to verify you're not a bot?

bvibert

Staff member
Good info. It's been a while since i signed up for this site, do you use that "capcha" image thing that has those really hard words to read that you have to enter to verify you're not a bot?

I think we stopped using CAPCHA because they were finding a way around it. I forget what Nick is using now, but it works, there are hardly any spammers these days.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
2331 with no posts

868 with one post

399 with two posts

510 with 100 or more posts

12 with more than 10,000 posts

Last edited: