• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

DMC... Back... Scottie love.. Snow!!!!

Funky_Catskills

DMC here... with a new name... new attitude...

There was some anti snowboard stuff that turned me off to this group. So i chose to step back and let you all do what you need to do rather than get into the fight and "be that guy"... As someone that has been defending the sport since 1990 - It just really personally disgusted me on a base level.. I don't expect everyone to understand and now i really don't care to even be involved.. It was nice not being pulled into some of the stuff that goes on here and was an eye opener to me..

The other thing that happened is last season i had issues with Hunter and band bookings. I really don't give a shti about them on the level I used and have no interest in defending them anymore.. I don't even have a season pass yet... And I may not... Things are happening to rectify this and I still help them out if they need it.. But I don't defend anymore... have at it....

So..
Scottie has been pestering me to come back as only Scottie can do.. We skied a bunch last winter - until i lost him on Westway..

I gotta tell ya.. He's a total wack job and can't spell - but the dude has heart and spirit... Like totally into the spirit of skiing.. Which I admire the F out of.. Always have.. We get soooooo jaded with all the talk about what's good and what's bad when the only thing that matters is layin em down on the terrain you dig and going for it.. that's it... mostly... :)

Hats off to Scottie for taking the "Soul skier of the year" award.... heheh

So let's all try and be cool and talk about snow stuff and music.. Any trolling against me will end up in non participation rather than defending.. So... I won't be pulled into any BS anymore so please let's not even go there.. My non participation should only be interpreted as not really caring about what's being said and nothing more.. haha

And I say this all with Peace and Love... Peace and Love..

go Scottie... go skiing... go snowboarding... go everything!!!!

Puck it

Good to have you back. I have nothing against snowboarders ask Cannonball and his wife.

Hatchet buried, dude.

I meant Scotty at the summit. He is a great guy as you said.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Welcome back DMC aka Funky Castskills.

On the internet a key is to not take things personally. I have no gripe with snowboarders. Maybe there are some that legitimately do? I'm willing to bet most just do it as a ribbing, for fun, to be a pain in the ass or whatever.

Anyway. I've just met Scotty once but he is definitely full of heart.

skiNEwhere

I'm glad you are back. I actually sent Scotty a couple of PM's asking him to convince you to come back as well. I thought you had a lot of interesting posts (In a good way) and had a lot of good info as well.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
We get soooooo jaded with all the talk about what's good and what's bad when the only thing that matters is layin em down on the terrain you dig and going for it.. that's it... mostly... :)

Amen to that!

Hats off to Scottie for taking the "Soul skier of the year" award.... heheh

Grammar police need not apply.

So let's all try and be cool and talk about snow stuff and music.. Any trolling against me will end up in non participation rather than defending.. So... I won't be pulled into any BS anymore so please let's not even go there.. My non participation should only be interpreted as not really caring about what's being said and nothing more.. haha

The best policy always. Easier said than done.

And I say this all with Peace and Love... Peace and Love..

go Scottie... go skiing... go snowboarding... go everything!!!!

10612855_10203326707466948_9137897838490505774_n.jpg

© Michael S. Piper 2014 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...69114974.1073741825.1188428168&type=1&theater

Funky_Catskills

Let me know if you're ever in CO......I'll show you around:daffy:

I love CO... Been all over the place...
Planning of heading back.. Lot's of friends there in Breck - Crested - Telluride - Aspen.. My boss lives in Morrison.. Crazy...

Buddy has been grooming at Breck for a year now... Hoping to catch some early rides like he used to do for us at Hunter...

I'll def hit you up... where u at?

skiNEwhere

St.marys, which is 9 miles WNW of idaho springs. One hour away from breck, copper, winter park

ScottySkis

:lol: Welcome back DMC. skiNEwhere I got your PM and tried sending a reply but I dont think it went through.