• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Have you guys been roped into this yet? As many of you know I lost my dad to ALS in 2006.

Here's my video from last week when I did it :)

I think it's really amazing how much awareness this has brought about, even if people don't donate directly, it's been an amazing thing for the association and people living with it. I also donated $60 on top of the ice bucket thing.

skiNEwhere

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, Nick.

I think I actually saw you post about some foundation for ALS generating like 50 times as many funds over this same time period last year, over $1,000,000. That is awesome!

ScottySkis

attachment.php

I know where not supposed talk politics here and am not to. Just think it weird that we do this train the military ppl and we do it to get info from bad ppl.

Nick and anyone who family has someone with this horrible illnesses all this money is a very good thing hoping we can stop this illnesses quickly as possible.

thetrailboss

Staff member
None of you even saw who was in that challenge....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
attachment.php

I know where not supposed talk politics here and am not to. Just think it weird that we do this train the military ppl and we do it to get info from bad ppl.

Nick and anyone who family has someone with this horrible illnesses all this money is a very good thing hoping we can stop this illnesses quickly as possible.

My reaction was yikes....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Took the challenge and decided to send the challenge out internationally and encourage donations in other countries. So far my cousin in Singapore has completed it. I've got friends in the UK, Australia and South Africa that I'm waiting on.

From news reports it sounds like the challenge is catching on around the globe, which is a great thing. The cure may come from a scientist in an lesser developed country with even less research funding than here. You never know.