• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free Gear donations

mr magoo

I have some unneeded skis. 4-5 pair of kids 120, 130, 140 and some 165 plus a pair of Volkl G3 in 184. Youth helmet XS.
Do you know anyone interested of of donor programs?
Ski swap season is coming, but I don't care is if get any money.
I asked in this space a couple of years ago and not much happened. I can't throw them away.
Thanks for your suggestions
Mike

Edd

I have some unneeded skis. 4-5 pair of kids 120, 130, 140 and some 165 plus a pair of Volkl G3 in 184. Youth helmet XS.
Do you know anyone interested of of donor programs?
Ski swap season is coming, but I don't care is if get any money.
I asked in this space a couple of years ago and not much happened. I can't throw them away.
Thanks for your suggestions
Mike

There's an event in North Conway every year where they'll take donations of that sort. They'll even pay you if they're worth anything an resell them higher. I'll look it up and report back.

Edit: this is it. http://www.easternslopeskiclub.org/?PageName=13

I would think some ski shops would take them off your hands for free if they're not complete junk.

Last edited:

steve22

The town of Lincoln, NH has a small rope tow ski area for local kids called the Kancamagus Recreation Area. It's down the road behind the CommonMan I checked it out a few years ago and the woman in the small lodge explained the set up to me and my family. They have a pile of gear in the corner for anyone to use: skis, boots, poles, and leather gloves that can handle the rope without getting destroyed. I'm sure they'd be grateful for the donation. It caters mostly to local kids.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Call your local mountain and see if there is a school or local youth program that could use them.