• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Is the Best Skier On the Board?

MadMadWorld

I'm sure this will turn into an angry flame war but I'm honestly curious what people think. Here are the rules:

1. You can't nominate yourself
2. Video evidence of said skier is preferred.
3. Disagreements will be settled with a best of 7 ski off

Last edited:

MadMadWorld

I've skied with a LOT of great people so this isn't a slight on anyone. In no particular order,

Savemeasammy
Puck It
Deadheadskier
Huck_it_baby

I've only met one snowboarder so Cannonball wins that by default

Domeskier

I'm going to have to go with Tuna. However, the only way to settle this question for sure is an official AZ ski-off!!

jack97

You guys are clueless...180 will kick all of your asses.

Yep, I've seen the guy ski in person along with his videos. Plain and simple... the guy can rip. Another guy who use to post and former competitor, B-Sted one of the best mogul skier I've seen in person. Blanton posted some of his vids as well... another guy who can bring it.

Powbmps skied a line in Sunnapee's sunbowl section that was unbelievable and the guy has awesome air.

Never seen him. Video evidence?

Haha.... go look up the old post in trip reports.

Savemeasammy

I don't doubt this for a second. Even so, this thrown-under-the-bus skier would still like to make some turns with him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Domeskier

This is just hearsay, but I believe 180 reached the pinnacle of competitive mogul skiing when he took first place at the Ski Sundown Gunbarrel Mogul Challenge a couple years ago.

Highway Star

gpetrics, by a long shot. I've skied with him in person a few times. Only person who is basically a pro level freeskier.

Btw, my younger brother was a semi-pro snowboarder, like top 20 in the country in halfpipe at his peak a while back. There are experts, and then there are pros - whole different ballgame.

granite

The best skier is the the skier that has the most fun. No one has more fun than Granite.

ScottySkis

Of the few A zoners I have been lucky enough to enjoy taking turns with are all much better then me. I really cant say one but dam DHS was really fast at the Loaf. I lucky to have taken turns with some really great ppl this past few winters for sure.

2knees

I would agree with this but powbmps would be right there too. Doesn't post much but moguler6 is incredible. FrankM would be another

Highway Star

I would agree with this but powbmps would be right there too. Doesn't post much but moguler6 is incredible. FrankM would be another

I've skied and partied with Frank a good bit over the years, been to his ski house, and actually showed him one of my very technical stashes during a pow day last year. Solid all around skier but mogul focused. His bro won the BMMC previous year. They ski with the Hammer (meatheads) all the time. Really a good guy and a minor Killington celebrity. His crew is different than mine and is very mogul oriented, so they tend to do their own thing, but we all get along pretty well at K-town.