• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Is the Best Skier On the Board?

MadMadWorld

I need to see some footage of said skiers....anyone?

Most of these folks seem like bump skiers and nothing against that but are these guys as good in the trees and hucking stuff "off piste"?

Most of these folks seem like bump skiers and nothing against that but are these guys as good in the trees and hucking stuff "off piste"?

I have some quality off-piste footage in BC and Tux that I can post, but I'm certainly far from the best in that category. I can nail a few good cliff hucks though...

Cannonball

Prohet0426 is pretty damn good.

Yup, doesn't post here often, but he's one of the best skiers I've ever seen. He's the reason I took up skiing again after a decade of only snowboarding. He just makes skiing look so damn fluid and fun.

Puckit is way up there. He continually makes rethink my definition of fast.

WWF-VT

I also think somewhat newer member Cheese is a good contender

I have had the good fortune to have skied with a few other members here and have to say that Cheese ranks as one of the top skiers. He killed it on all over the mountain on a day we skied at Sugarbush

powhunter

Skied with some great ones from here powbumps johnnypoach, Ozzy, 180, Beasted. To name a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Have not been around this forum long enough to really say, but I have had the fortunate opportunity to ski with a few great people. Really enjoyed savemeasammy, xwhaler, and Cannonball. No egos just skiing/snowboarding! I know there others I will meet at Cannon and hopefully other places. I hope to learn more from many others.

I know or I hope that much of the chest pounding is all in fun however the ski off challengers would be a good way to raise the bar. And learn who the best really are.

powhunter

This is just hearsay, but I believe 180 reached the pinnacle of competitive mogul skiing when he took first place at the Ski Sundown Gunbarrel Mogul Challenge a couple years ago.

Go to K someday and you will see his name on the BMMC trophy. Also some of the competitors at Sundown were . Randy Grasso. Kirk Sisson to name a few

Domeskier

Go to K someday and you will see his name on the BMMC trophy. Also some of the competitors at Sundown were . Randy Grasso. Kirk Sisson to name a few

I have the feeling you think I was mocking him...

snoseek

There's a dude on here that used to post as skisfastr...randomly met up with him on a very sick powder day at Burke once. He's a fucking animal on skis!

Domeskier

i thought you were mocking ski sundown, not 180.

Exactly (though all in good fun!).

I think it's awesome that the KMS kids come down to humble Sundown and have their backsides handed to them by a 50 y/o out of Hunter!

Cheese

That's the best part about skiing; Just when one thinks they've mastered it, somebody hucks a double front corked 1080, kills the race course or outruns an avalanche straight lining a couloir. Doesn't take long to realize there's so much more experience to be gained.

I've been impressed with turns by DeadHeadSkier and Wa-Loaf is always posting fast times at the Night Race League we share.

Last edited:

tree_skier

We used to have a race team at Pats haven't seen these guys in awhile but Ga2ski is a great tele skier. skibum9995 was beginning to push me but in my defense he is 25 years younger and had just hiked the Appalachian Trail.