• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZers you've met

skiNEwhere

Would like to see who's met who here.

I've met abc for sure when we skied at Breck, and that's it.

I *think* I've met Greg, Marc (wherever he is now), Jim G, and DMC.....err....funky_catskills. It was at hunter in 2007 or 2009, all I remember is that old HSQ was broken so we had to take the B and F lift to get to the top.

wa-loaf

Really to many to list. Most of the core members and anyone who's been to an AZ summit.

BenedictGomez

0 and counting.

Though I think I saw Scotty once - how many people would be skiing in bright red pants at Plattekill?

Savemeasammy

Many. I'm looking forward to making turns with some of the regular guys, and I hope to meet even more AZers this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornhead

0 and counting.

Though I think I saw Scotty once - how many people would be skiing in bright red pants at Plattekill?

Ah yes, the elusive Scotty, took me a couple times to finally meet him too, same as you, I knew we were both going to be at Platty once, and I saw him in his red pants, but I wasn't sure it was him. We've since become good friends, we're hiking the gorges in Ithaca tomorrow. As others have stated, Scotty is a great guy, I've never met a nicer person in my life, he has a heart-o-gold...and fingers of glue.;)

I've had the pleasure of meeting and skiing with a bunch of fellow members, all have been great people, a few are incredible skiers to boot, very humbling.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

skiNEwhere

Looks like I'm in the minority here. Well if anyone comes out here and wants a discounted lift ticket if they don't have one already and to share some turns, send me a PM.

Would really like to get to the AZ summit, not sure when that is going to happen though.

snoseek

A fair amount even though I'm not around too much. Good times every time.

Domeskier

Thought I saw a blur of light at Killington being followed by 3 ski patrollers, maybe that was him?

I think Tunaspeed is actually faster than the the speed of light, so it must have been someone else. In the off-season, they study him at CERN.

dlague

I mention my meet ups from last year in another thread - at three so far! We ski all over the place so I am sure many of us have been at the same place at the same time and just didn't know it!