Robert H Treman Ithaca NY

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Robert H Treman Ithaca NY

    Scotty and JimG have been hiking together this Summer. I joined them for a hike at Sam's Point. Scotty told me Jim was dropping his Son off at Cornell for the upcoming semester. I wondered if he would be able to fit in a hike somewhere in the Ithaca area, there are lots of options. He couldn't, but Scotty was willing to drive to Binghamton, so I drove to Ithaca from there.

    I usually drive to Treman via rt 17, but decided to take 81 so I could show Scotty my home mountain, Greek Peak. Traffic was pretty heavy when we did hit Ithaca, students returning to Cornell, and Ithaca College a contributing factor no doubt. The trails were busier than usual too.

    uploadfromtaptalk1408959402144.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1408959486584.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1408959521025.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1408959601171.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1408959627108.jpg
    Construction along the gorge trail, a little disappointed the upper part was closed, the most scenic part, but the high water levels from recent rain made up for it.



    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

  2. #2
    After we finished our hike I took a drive to the overlook at Taughannock. Good timing, it's usually just a trickle this time of year.

    uploadfromtaptalk1408959996105.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1408960157820.jpg

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

  3. #3
    Nice pics, Cornhead. It looks like a great hike.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    Nice pics, Cornhead. It looks like a great hike.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, thanks, I left 70lbs on those trails, found half of it back, but I'm working on it.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

  5. #5
    marcski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Posts
    4,575
    Awesome pics, CH. Ithaca is Gorges. It also perenially ranks in the top 10 best places to live in Outside Mag.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Yep, thanks, I left 70lbs on those trails, found half of it back, but I'm working on it.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Good for you. Hopefully you notice the difference on the hill this season!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    Good for you. Hopefully you notice the difference on the hill this season!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, that's the plan, last year was by far my best ski season ever, it could've been even better had I not let my fitness slip, no complaints though.

    Yes, Marc Ithaca and the Finger Lakes region is pretty cool, Hell, NYS is pretty cool, too bad we get lumped in with NYC constantly. Too bad New Amsterdam didn't stick. If it did we'd probably be New Amsterdam State anyway.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

  8. #8
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,480
    Dropped my son Peter off at Cornell for his freshman year. I wish I could have stayed and hiked with you guys, but I wanted to get out to Rochester to see my oldest son David at RIT. The extra driving kind of sucked but it made me realize it will be convenient to visit both of them on the same trip in the future.

    Also went by Greek on my trip up to Ithaca. I could spend a day or two there. Not a ton of vert.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Dropped my son Peter off at Cornell for his freshman year. I wish I could have stayed and hiked with you guys, but I wanted to get out to Rochester to see my oldest son David at RIT. The extra driving kind of sucked but it made me realize it will be convenient to visit both of them on the same trip in the future.

    Also went by Greek on my trip up to Ithaca. I could spend a day or two there. Not a ton of vert.
    Nope, but it's home! Tell your Son in Rochester to checkout Letchworth Park if he can, Genesee River Gorge, pretty neat place in NYS too.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

  10. #10
    ScottySkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    Posts
    11,166
    I so happy I got to hike up her very very scenic and those steps heart pumping great excercise. Good times hiking with Cornhead. Greart college town it looks like. So many great places to have hills of fun NY state got to love this.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:23 PM.