• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Intro & a question about Lye Brook

Fox

I do not see a specific location for introducing myself to the forum so I'm going to wing it.
I have been hiking, mostly in New England, for 45 years. I love getting away and resetting as frequently as I can. Most of my mileage has been in Vermont. I have been fortunate enough to have hiked a bit in the rockies too but there is no place like home. The one absolute I have learned in all my years and miles of trail is I have a lot to learn.

Looking forward to trading information with the group.

As a matter of fact I am hoping someone can start me off with some trail intel. I am getting ready to hike a section in the Lye Brook Wilderness. The last time I was on the Branch Pond Trail it was flooded north of Bourne Pond due to beaver activity. Have any of you been through the area recently? I imagine that by now if the area is still flooded that a trail has been worn around the area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Fox

Fox

Hi Nick, Thanks for the welcome and the response.
It is near Stratton. Funny you should site a Backpacker article. I have been interviewed three times by Backpacker contributors for essays about that area. My first experience backpacking included the loop she talks about in that article and I returned to do that every year for many, many years. The article unfortunately is a little dated now (6 years).

It's been about 3 years since I last did it and I was hoping to find out if the trail near Little Mud is still under water.