• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Suicide Six's name

thetrailboss

Staff member
And to think that this started out as a discussion about a ski area.....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jimk

A little further off topic...
I was in Baltimore's airport yesterday and one of the shops had little toy planes. There was one plane left on the two hooks that held Baltimore Ravens planes.
The two hooks holding Redskins planes were completely full.

Not Redskins country, Ravens country.
BTW, I have a little stuffed Redskins football with towel that I keep in my office to show my true colors. It looks sort of like this, but with a towel too: redskins plushie.jpg
I got it about five years ago at a t-shirt shop in of all places, Hampton Beach, NH.;-)

Thanks for moral support from most of you on my team name, I'll take that as a HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
No it didn't. It was pretty explicitly about "taking offense to anything and everything".

Redskins should change their name to "Get over it's " or " Go root for someone else's"

Bottom line is people have too much time on their hands , every time somone gives in to "sensitivity" it encourages more of the same.

BenedictGomez

Bottom line is people have too much time on their hands , every time somone gives in to "sensitivity" it encourages more of the same.

Well-said.

But not only that, whenever people express this "mock outrage" in order to make themselves feel better about themselves (which is why they do it), they're diminishing and trivializing the evils of real, actual, racism.

BenedictGomez

It's your time, spend it how ever you want. Any amount of the ski season spent on the couch feeding the NFL revenue machine would make me feel like crap.

Wow, you really arent a football fan. About 90% of the regular season occurs prior to the ski season. lol. And then the last 2 games of the season are usually during Christmas/New Years holiday week when I steer clear of ski resorts anyway. So almost 100% of the NFL season occurs on non-ski days.

For the playoffs, if the conditions are good, I'm not watching NFL unless my team's involved. Though I may catch some of a playoff game during my lunch break.

skiNEwhere

There's a trail at Winter Park called "Drunken Frenchman." I've always gotten a kick out of that. It's a pretty long bump trail with no bailout, so I can guess where the name came from.

dlague

Well-said.

But not only that, whenever people express this "mock outrage" in order to make themselves feel better about themselves (which is why they do it), they're diminishing and trivializing the evils of real, actual, racism.

Exactly how Obama got elected!

MadMadWorld

Here are 2 trademarks that haven't been tossed:

Uppity Negro

and

You Can't Make a Housewife Out Of a Whore

Hmmm....Redskins don't seem all that bad now!

VTKilarney

Here are 2 trademarks that haven't been tossed:

Uppity Negro

and

You Can't Make a Housewife Out Of a Whore

Hmmm....Redskins don't seem all that bad now!
The first trademark application was refused: http://trademarks.justia.com/860/53/uppity-86053392.html

The second one appears to have been extended, meaning it is not in commercial use: http://trademarks.justia.com/857/84/you-can-t-make-a-housewife-out-of-a-whore-85784601.html

There is no doubt, however, that the decision to cancel the Redskins trademarks was political. And if you don't believe that it was, I suppose you believe that those IRS emails just happened to get deleted.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

The first trademark application was refused: http://trademarks.justia.com/860/53/uppity-86053392.html

The second one appears to have been extended, meaning it is not in commercial use: http://trademarks.justia.com/857/84/you-can-t-make-a-housewife-out-of-a-whore-85784601.html

There is no doubt, however, that the decision to cancel the Redskins trademarks was political.

Okay, but he still has a point. Heck I can think of a few off the top-of-my-head that one would think are objectionable to nutjobs in our ultra PC, cowering under the table, world.

And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "Fighting Irish" yet. Oh..... wait...... that's right, - they're white, so the leftist PC police don't care since they cant collect self-congratulatory back-pats with that crusade.