• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

Edd

I've got some things going on this month so I don't want to deal with upgrading phones until November but I'm realizing I'll be sad to lay the 4s to rest. It's been such a reliable workhorse these last 3 years. The thing still looks brand new.

Edd

Mines been great. Only is it still won't connect to my cars bluetooth. Word is the iOS8.1 update will have the fix, but that's not coming until end of the month.

Super easy. You go to Gazelle fill in the info and condition of your phone and they will give you a price. If you are happy with the price you accept and lock it in. They then send you a box right away. For an iPhone you need to turn off find my phone and unlock it from your carrier. I then reset it to factory settings and slid it into the box they sent and dropped it in the mail. Just got a notice yesterday (put in the mail on Friday) that they have it and it checks out so a check is on it's way to me.

You could get more cash selling on ebay or something, but this was way easier.

Oh, the bluetooth thing would drive me insane. I wouldn't stop fucking with it until it worked; I'd probably die of thirst out in my car.

Did you compare the Gazelle rate with what and Apple Store would pay for a trade in?

dlague

I've got some things going on this month so I don't want to deal with upgrading phones until November but I'm realizing I'll be sad to lay the 4s to rest. It's been such a reliable workhorse these last 3 years. The thing still looks brand new.

True the 4's are tough. However, i kind of feel like I have a bag phone because people look at my phone and say things like "You have the iPhone 4?".

wa-loaf

Was the same case with mine, but the battery life was starting to go. Once I got the 6 I used the 4s a couple times to reset things and get it unlocked. I couldn't believe that screen was ok for me for all those years! You'll get over it fast ...

Oh, the bluetooth thing would drive me insane. I wouldn't stop fucking with it until it worked; I'd probably die of thirst out in my car.

Did you compare the Gazelle rate with what and Apple Store would pay for a trade in?

They were all in the same ballpark, but Gazelle I think knew I was poking around and they sent me an offer with a $20 bonus. So I went with them.

drjeff

I've had the 6 for about a week now. Great phone. I just took it on a business trip and it worked perfectly. The screen is a nice improvement over the 5.

And the picture Glenn took with his new iPhone 6 of the case of Heady Topper he bought while on his trip that he texted to me looked great! I could almost taste the resiny, grapefruity goodness from it! ;) :beer:

Glenn

And the picture Glenn took with his new iPhone 6 of the case of Heady Topper he bought while on his trip that he texted to me looked great! I could almost taste the resiny, grapefruity goodness from it! ;) :beer:

They serve it everywhere in Burlington! I bought case; because that's the max the store would let you buy at once.

Funky_Catskills

Blutooth is the only real issue I'm experiencing..
Phone wont stay connected to my car - music plays ok into my car stereo.. Seems to have the titles wrong..

Not a big deal.. let's hope it gets fixed soon..

〽❄❅

How do you guys like your i6's so far? Any buyers remorse?

I ordered one at Costco but am having second thoughts, i think the Sammy S5 beats it in allot of important aspects, i.e., better battery life, replaceable battery, higher rez screen, shoot 4K video, water resistant, can add storage 16gb to 123gb with addition of card. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my two week wait time order and getting the S5.

The overall Apple consensus seems be that Apple is slipping without Jobs. i6 is not a revolutionary improvement over the i5. iOS8 rollout single crappiesr rollout apple has gone thru, patched bugs in .01 and then .02 rereleases but still irritatingly poor performance and glitches on i5 and iPad.

Funky_Catskills

Only issue was the bluetooth connections dropping on the car...
Doesn't seem to be happening anymore...

Love my 6.. Been great so far...

wa-loaf

Only issue was the bluetooth connections dropping on the car...
Doesn't seem to be happening anymore...

Love my 6.. Been great so far...

My Bluetooth is still not working correctly. Fix is supposed to come in the 8.1 update in a couple weeks that will enable iPay.

Battery life is awesome. No performance issues beyond the Bluetooth thing.

Edd

I started another thread about this but iOS 8 on my iPad 4 is not thrilling me with Safari. The change to how bookmarks work is flat out stupid. I hope they reverse that change.

SkiFanE

〽❄❅;861657 said:

I ordered one at Costco but am having second thoughts, i think the Sammy S5 beats it in allot of important aspects, i.e., better battery life, replaceable battery, higher rez screen, shoot 4K video, water resistant, can add storage 16gb to 123gb with addition of card. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my two week wait time order and getting the S5.

The overall Apple consensus seems be that Apple is slipping without Jobs. i6 is not a revolutionary improvement over the i5. iOS8 rollout single crappiesr rollout apple has gone thru, patched bugs in .01 and then .02 rereleases but still irritatingly poor performance and glitches on i5 and iPad.

I didn't expect Apple to keep up innovation without Jobs..they tried that once and it didn't work. Sad...but you can't replace a genius' brain.

But iPhone's the only smart phone I've ever had...I can't imagine switching to a Droid..maybe I'm too set in my ways or I don't understand what could be improved.

bvibert

Staff member
〽❄❅;861657 said:

I doubt you'll be sorry if you jump to the S5. I know several people who have switched to Android from Apple, and never looked back.

o3jeff

I doubt you'll be sorry if you jump to the S5. I know several people who have switched to Android from Apple, and never looked back.

Can you be more specific of what they liked better and why they never looked back? I always see vague references like that or "I had the iphone?? and once I got the Android ???? I was blown away" but no one ever gives details.

deadheadskier

Staff member
give it 30 days and tell us what you think. not saying you'll change your mind but when i went from blackberry, which i dearly loved, to iphone i too was less than impressed.

Yeah, I don't need 30 days.

I take back my comments about the email service on the phone being better as well. It's garbage. I get emails all the time that are part of forwarding chain that can't open for no reason, which is a total pain in the ass when you're on the road for sales.

Texting features blow compared to Android. Forwarding texts is a total pain in the ass in comparison.

wifi connectivity is no where near as good as my Droid. The list goes on and on.

........but, I'm stuck with the piece of shit for work. I do not see the apple appeal at all.

bvibert

Staff member
Can you be more specific of what they liked better and why they never looked back? I always see vague references like that or "I had the iphone?? and once I got the Android ???? I was blown away" but no one ever gives details.

I never asked. I already know I like Android better, so it doesn't really matter to me why someone else would choose Android over Apple. I recently had a two week long stint with an iPhone, that confirmed it for me.

Edd

Stopped in a Verizon store today and the 6 is out of stock. Order only. Checking around online it looks legit; supply is not keeping up with demand. Don't feel like ordering it. Guess I'll wait a bit.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm out at my corporate office in Seattle for the week. I might punch our apple loving IT guy in the face. My boss said he'd be cool with it. He hates the phone to. :lol:

Geoff

I'm out at my corporate office in Seattle for the week. I might punch our apple loving IT guy in the face. My boss said he'd be cool with it. He hates the phone to. :lol:

I'm a hard core techie and power corporate email user. Other than being total crap at handling large volumes of email (and Android isn't particularly better compared to Blackberry), I don't get the hate. Phone calls work fine. Email handling is just fine although annoyingly inefficient for deleting a large group of emails with minimal keystrokes. The web browser is fine. I have no trouble viewing PDFs and Microsoft Office ecosystem documents. The application ecosystem is more than adequate. The actual phone is durable. I solved the crap battery life problem by owning three 2400 mAmp battery cases. I have a 64 gig phone and it does a fine job replacing my old iPods. If I need to do anything serious, I use my laptop but if I'm traveling or sitting on the sofa, the iPhone is fine for my needs. Most of my friends use iPhones so the text message ecosystem is better than if I were on Android.