• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I'm wishing I got the 6+ now...

Every time I see someone with one - I envy... :)
I always hated Itunes. I found a program called Copytrans that I now use instead of itunes. Let's you use your iphone as a regular harddrive; just drag and drop. No more of that annoying sync crap.

Personally, I'm a droid guy....but I need to add the music to everyone's iphone here at home.

Last edited:

Funky_Catskills

yes I know... You like Droids.. People that like Droids ALWAYS have to tell others this.. :)
It's like manual transmissions.. Droids... And shifting.. raaaaaaraaaar......!

I keep all my music in the cloud now.. Since I have internet just about everywhere..
Access it from anywhere.. Let other people store my stuff that easily replaceable..

I keep a small amount of music on my devices in case I'm not connected like in a subway..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Um Funky,

Apple fans are often times the boastful and proud tech geeks going .........yourself included. Walk into a Verizon store vs an Apple Store and there's a distinct difference. And I've never heard people waiting in line outside a store opening for multiple hours just to get the newest Android gadget.

Good to see that you're keeping your weekly championship title as captain stereotype though.

gmcunni

And I've never heard people waiting in line outside a store opening for multiple hours just to get the newest Android gadget.

Samsung003-3173028134-O.JPG

Funky_Catskills

I don't recall being that way - I really don't.. Except for challenging the AZ status quo... And defending myself..
I'm just having some fun.. :)

I also don't really care what people use as long as I can hear them when they call me...

I don't wait in lines for devices... Work gives me my phone.. I'd probably be just fine with a Droid..
I use Macs for music.. Just my thing..
I have a Surface Pro now that I use for work... It's pretty awesome..

I'm not tied to Apple or any other company..

I'm an open source SME at my company now... Lot's of new stuff trickling into the enterprise Database World.. Especially with all the Big Data BS going on..

I got to admit - I do like the closed ecosystem that Apple uses.. :)
Open Source is great for work.. I don't need to deal with it all the time.. haha...

deadheadskier

Staff member

Must have missed that news story. When the new iPhone drops, you ALWAYS know. The news is on every TV station and website for weeks prior to launch. There are press conferences and speculation, bidding wars on eBay. Every store is packed with lines of geeks waiting to worship at the alter of Steve Jobs. The event is like Black Friday on steroids.

So, for someone to suggest that the Android people are the crazy ones? Second funniest thing I've read all week. Right after the suggestion that people drive sticks because they want to be manly and cool.

good stuff

Funky_Catskills

Must have missed that news story. When the new iPhone drops, you ALWAYS know. The news is on every TV station and website for weeks prior to launch. There are press conferences and speculation, bidding wars on eBay. Every store is packed with lines of geeks waiting to worship at the alter of Steve Jobs. The event is like Black Friday on steroids.

So, for someone to suggest that the Android people are the crazy ones? Second funniest thing I've read all week. Right after the suggestion that people drive sticks because they want to be manly and cool.

good stuff

I'm hear for your entertainment...

Android users are not crazy... Never said that..
In fact I'm stoked that Android is making it into other technologies..

I stand by my thing about all y'all needing sticks in your hands...
You do seem all "chest thumpy" and "arrrrrrrrgh"...

But who the fukc cares!!! Own that shit.....!!!! Live it!!!
Why should what I say be even a blip on the radar screen for your celebration..?

:)

gmcunni

Must have missed that news story. When the new iPhone drops, you ALWAYS know.

people wait in line for all sorts of silly things... phones, movie releases, books, concerts, sporting events... some people do it just for the fun of it. my son slept out 2 nights in a tent in the middle of winter to get good seats to an oncampus basketball game. mind you, he had season tickets, he and his buddies just wanted better seats.

i like new toys and i like my iphone. i'll probably read up on the rumors of the new 6s and hold off. my 5s works fine, just want latest and greatest at a decent price.

wife/kids have sprint like i do for work, the nice thing about me upgrading is our work phone price is much better than the discounts @ retail store for renewals. so i can keep my 5s for them if they lose/drop/destroy their own phones.

danimals

My wife and I have 4s's. They were our first smartphones. We got them mostly out of laziness - there are too damn many choices out there. I'm hoping next time around to go android. I'm tired of the "big brother" feeling that I get from Apple....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Moving to android would be going with the even bigger brother, in terms of data collection and monetization. With Apple, you pay a bit more and buy the product, with Google, you pay a bit less and are the product.

dlague

Well I went from an Android phone to an iPhone and now back to an Android phone and I plan on staying there. Looking at getting at the S6 now.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Well I went from an Android phone to an iPhone and now back to an Android phone and I plan on staying there. Looking at getting at the S6 now.

I'm due for a new phone in the next few months , any issues with porting your contacts from Android to I phone.
would assume you cant ? Also can you sync with computer ?

dlague

I'm due for a new phone in the next few months , any issues with porting your contacts from Android to I phone.
would assume you cant ? Also can you sync with computer ?

I tried using Bluetooth but for some reason I was unable to link the two. Eventually gave up and reentered. However, for some spooky reason when I went from iPhone to my S5 all my contacts came across automatically.

o3jeff

my 5s is working fine but am eligible for an upgrade to iphone 6 for decent price. anyone upgrade to a 6 and regretting it? not sure i'll like the bigger size, especially since i use a case for protection - making it even larger

I upgraded from a 5s to a 6(64gb) because they offered it when I was only one year thru my contract. Now I am on a one year lease with Sprint, no money up front and I can get a new phone every year and my bill only went up about $10 a month.

Geoff

I'm still mired in the stone age with an iPhone 4s. I was planning to upgrade last spring but my cash flow got disrupted by having to buy a new car a year before planned. Then a big boat yard bill. Now a big bill for three exterior doors. At this point, I should probably just wait for the 6s.