• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

skiNEwhere

Well turns out I was only getting $115 because I chose "other" as a service provider. I have straight talk which piggybacks off of verizon towers, so I guess I'll have to find out off if I can sell it as a verizon phone, if so I'll get $185 which is much more reasonable

Edd

Well turns out I was only getting $115 because I chose "other" as a service provider. I have straight talk which piggybacks off of verizon towers, so I guess I'll have to find out off if I can sell it as a verizon phone, if so I'll get $185 which is much more reasonable

Yeah, you should get decent coin for a 32gb iPhone.

BackLoafRiver

We are both due for upgrades and the 6 is a likely winner. Her 4s is starting to do wacky stuff so id imagine she will get it ASAP.

I'm waiting to see if they say anything about the rumored 5.5" version.

Glenn

I think it makes sense to upgrade every 2 years if you're in a two year contract with a large carrier. You're paying for the cost of the subsidized phone over the course of two years. After the phone is paid off, it's all profit for the carrier.

I'm looking to upgrade from my 5. The 4.7" screen sounds nice.

wa-loaf

I just got an email from Gazelle for a $20 bonus. So I sold my 3 year old 32g 4s to them for $135, they'll send me a box and I'll have until 10/10 to send it back. It should be plenty of time to score a new iPhone 6.

gmcunni

i don't even want the 6 for my family (tho my kids may feel differently) i just want the 6 to come out so 5s goes down in price and i can renew a contract with a reasonably priced 5s. told my kids they pay for the phone, we pay for the service. they're cheap and don't want to part with the $$. i also don't want to trade in the older phones as i don't trust my kids to not break/lose/damage their phones and want a suitable backup laying around just in case. having been bitten once already by this issue i'm not thrilled about it happening again.

wa-loaf

i don't even want the 6 for my family (tho my kids may feel differently) i just want the 6 to come out so 5s goes down in price and i can renew a contract with a reasonably priced 5s. told my kids they pay for the phone, we pay for the service. they're cheap and don't want to part with the $$. i also don't want to trade in the older phones as i don't trust my kids to not break/lose/damage their phones and want a suitable backup laying around just in case. having been bitten once already by this issue i'm not thrilled about it happening again.

I've got a couple years still until my kids are old enough to have their own phones. And I hold onto mine for a somewhat long time so I want to get the latest and will likely keep it for 3+ years.

gmcunni

dinner conversation with my daughter last night -

me - want to know how to prevent naked pictures of yourself from being spread across the internet?
her - sure
me - don't take any
her - i thought you were going to tell me something useful.

o3jeff

Do you get Applecare when you get your phones?

o3jeff

no, did it a few times years ago with ipods.. had mixed results.. haven't checked their policies lately tho. you do it? find it reasonable and economical?
Yea I got it, $99(less than $5 a month) for 2 years is cheaper than the insurance the cell company sells you(and I don't think it covers Apple stuff). I know they have some fees for some things, broken glass, etc. I used it when I had a problem with the phone software. First time I went in they put in new software and I still had the problem so I went back and they gave me a refurbished phone no questions asked. The refurbed phone is the one I traded in 2-3 months after!

MR. evil

Do you get Applecare when you get your phones?

I usually buy my iPhones from BestBuy and they have thier own version of AppleCare that is cheaper than the apple plan and also costs less.

Edd

I've purchased Applecare a few times and have yet to need it. My girlfriend, against my advice, skipped it and naturally her Wifi/Bluetooth antenna crapped out.

We got a replacement new 4S for her for $200, though, and she's at the 2 year mark for owning the combined original and replacement. AppleCare would have cost $200 for two years so it's a wash at the moment.

wa-loaf

Today is the day. Rumor is U2 is going to be a big part of the presentation today. They are going to stream it online, but you'll need an Apple TV or be running Safari on a Mac.

I usually buy my iPhones from BestBuy and they have thier own version of AppleCare that is cheaper than the apple plan and also costs less.

Have you had to use it? Don't like the idea of having a middleman when you can get it directly from apple.