• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

Geoff

So they're planning to lull the crowd to sleep...intriguing marketing strategy. I guess Sting was booked.

I disagree. U2 featured prominently in one of the better iPod commercials. As long as Bono isn't pontificating on social/political issues, they're a pretty good rock band.

Edd

I disagree. U2 featured prominently in one of the better iPod commercials. As long as Bono isn't pontificating on social/political issues, they're a pretty good rock band.

Yeah, but you're the guy who's only steamed Sharknado in the last month so...your recommendations; I dunno.

wa-loaf

iPhone 6 starts at $199/$299/$399 with two-year contract 16GB/64GB/128GB

iPhone 6 Plus: $299/$399/$499 for 16GB/64GB/128GB

Edd

iPhone 6 starts at $199/$299/$399 with two-year contract 16GB/64GB/128GB

iPhone 6 Plus: $299/$399/$499 for 16GB/64GB/128GB

No friggin 32GB...and 16 for $299? Oooooo.....

Edit: wait, I was looking at the plus prices. Although I was really hoping they would start at 32GB.

Last edited:

Edd

Watched a number of videos on the presentation.

iPay looks like something I'd possibly use, to my surprise. I haven't seen much appeal in the Passbook app that was released a year or two ago.

The watch, I don't want. But I had no interest in a smartphone 4 years ago. I'm Gen X. I used to wear a watch when I was young. I don't want to wear one again. The early adopters are going to have to show me why it's useful.

skiNEwhere

Who's gonna be the one to stand in line the first day it's sold and smash it on the ground in front of reporters?

BackLoafRiver

If they had done some of the neat things with the 6 that they did with the 6 Plus, it would be an easy lock for me. Now...I am struggling trying to decide between them. I worry that the 6+ is going to be monstrous and not possible to operate one handed. (despite the double touch mechanism)

The health link app and iPay look great.

skiNEwhere

If they had done some of the neat things with the 6 that they did with the 6 Plus, it would be an easy lock for me. Now...I am struggling trying to decide between them. I worry that the 6+ is going to be monstrous and not possible to operate one handed. (despite the double touch mechanism)

That's a good point I didn't even think of. If my iPhone was any wider I think I'd need 2 thumbs to type or really need to stretch it out, and I have pretty big hands as it is.

gmcunni

it is the little things that really bother me

attachment.php

Attachments

• verizon.jpg
    verizon.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 84

wa-loaf

6 plus definitely too big. Especially if you want to use it for tracking running, biking, skiing, etc ... I'm sure the 6 is going to feel huge to me from my current 4s.

not as much as i thought they'd be. considering a 5s 16G was $149 last week.

who?

Just prices they threw up at the announcement. I'm sure individual companies will have their own offers. Just read Verizon will give you the 16g 6 free for 2 years if you trade in your old phone. Sprint is going to do a $20 a month rental thing with $50 unlimited data.

skiNEwhere

6 plus definitely too big. Especially if you want to use it for tracking running, biking, skiing, etc ... I'm sure the 6 is going to feel huge to me from my current 4s.

I guess they have something called reachability that is supposed to address this, I think it lets you pull the screen down.

Personally I like the size of my iPhone 5 and really don't need a bigger phone.

Like I stated before, all I want is a better battery. Apple says the iPhone 6 has a better battery, but it also has a faster processor and bigger screen so I bet that will be a wash.