• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

Funky_Catskills

If you look at processors - a pentium chip used a TON more resources than a chip today..
Faster and more efficient doesn't always mean less battery life... In fact it can be just the opposite..

skiNEwhere

I have yet to see a dramatic improvement in battery life through each generation of the iPhone.

I'll believe it when I see it with the a8 processor

Funky_Catskills

I have yet to see a dramatic improvement in battery life through each generation of the iPhone.

I'll believe it when I see it with the a8 processor

Battery life has improved for my useage.. Not a lot.. i still need a battery boost for a loong day of work and travel..
Would be nice to have better battery life for sure..

Geoff

That's why I've been reluctant to change away from the iPhone 4s, all the old-style charging cords I own, and my three battery cases. When I'm not traveling, I don't bother with a case. When I travel, I put the iPhone in a 2400 mA battery case and throw a couple spares in my briefcase. I can go a day of heavy use off one battery case. With two spares, it's just about infinite.

I didn't see the point of upgrading from a 4s to a 5 or 5s where I'd lose all the peripherals. I won't upgrade to an iPhone 6 until they have equivalent battery cases. I also have Verizon unlimited data and I'm reluctant to lose the grandfathered contract.

wa-loaf

Thus the need for a battery case.

I've got a power stick or something along those lines. Good for a full recharge. The power cases are so bulky. I'm also careful to plug it in every time I get in the car.

Funky_Catskills

The cases are great for running around...

I spend most of my day walking from account to account in NYC.. So having a pack with a cord would suck...
The case battery also protects my phone.. so thats good... :)

skiNEwhere

I'm contemplating going back to the droid. The android IOS wasn't quite as stable as apple's ios, but it can do everything that the iphone does, PLUS I could swap out the battery in under a minute. It was nice that I could customize it how I wanted to without having to jailbreak it either.

〽❄❅

Planning on swimming with it?
No but i get caught in the rain allot. Sweat when running etc. Would use it in a snow storm. Often leave the cell on a windowsill when taking a shower only to reach for it with dripping wet hands when a important txt comes in. Not to mention how many phones i've dropped into buckets of water when working on the aquarium! And no cases, the d@rn things are already to big without a case!

drjeff

Thus the need for a battery case.

Also why I'm sticking with my Droid RAZR Maxx - as long as I can plod out a few emails, text my wife about grocery lists and/or who's picking up which kid where and when and surf the net a bit, I'm good with my phone and then for me it often comes down to which phone at the time has the best battery life.

The cousin of one of my employees is the manager of my local wireless zone, so when I get a new phone, I just go there and literally say to her "what phone has the best battery life?" and she's had me in 3 straight Motorola products. I also know that if I'm at say a Patriots game or other all day type event with friends who have iPhones and use them about as much as I use mine that same day, that more than not they're having battery life issues come days end whereas I'm usually still at over 50% charge unless i'm using some battery hog GPS app all day long

wa-loaf

〽❄❅;856953 said:
No but i get caught in the rain allot. Sweat when running etc. Would use it in a snow storm. Often leave the cell on a windowsill when taking a shower only to reach for it with dripping wet hands when a important txt comes in. Not to mention how many phones i've dropped into buckets of water when working on the aquarium! And no cases, the d@rn things are already to big without a case!

As long as it's as water resistant as my 4s I'm fine with it. I've been running in the rain with it (downpours) used in snow storms and it always gets a lot of condensation on it skiing as well. Never had a problem. Now if you are dropping phones into aquarium tanks you need something pretty specialized!

skiNEwhere

As long as it's as water resistant as my 4s I'm fine with it. I've been running in the rain with it (downpours) used in snow storms and it always gets a lot of condensation on it skiing as well. Never had a problem. Now if you are dropping phones into aquarium tanks you need something pretty specialized!

I guess I'm one of those people who need a specialized case then lol

I think it was waterproof to 6 feet.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1410392861.763550.jpg

〽❄❅

That's quite the endorsement. I got rid of my large aquarium, gave up the big beautiful fish, settled for a large anemone and clownfish with a few little buggers in a manageable sized tank. Now i can leave the phone anywhere on speaker and still be in range to use it so not as much a threat of dropping it in water as it was. Still thinking i may be do better with a sammy S5. Really, i want small and lightweight, fast wifi and a half decent camera, none of the current crop excites me.

Glenn

The plus is a big phone! I'm more likely to go with the regular 4.7 screen.

I like the health aspect; that's cool. The watch looked very interesting. I wear a FitBit, so having access to more data would be cool.

BackLoafRiver

Anyone have experience preordering through Apple? I've only used Verizon to preorder in the past but a $300 gift card toward the New phone is awfully tempting (for trading in my 5)

wa-loaf

Anyone have experience preordering through Apple? I've only used Verizon to preorder in the past but a $300 gift card toward the New phone is awfully tempting (for trading in my 5)

Did it for my 4s. Did the preorder and it arrived the day it was supposed to be released.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, I guess I have to learn to like Apple. My new job uses iphones. A 5 specifically. Damn.

wa-loaf

Did it for my 4s. Did the preorder and it arrived the day it was supposed to be released.

But put your order in early. Shipping dates will slide as the available phones for 9/19 runs out.