• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

deadheadskier

Staff member
I believe the laptop will be an Apple as well. I've already begun drawing up plans to push for Microsoft products. Corporate HQ is only a few miles from Microsoft HQ. We really should be supporting local businesses instead of Bay Area hipsters.

Edd

I'm setting a reminder on my iPhone to text you every week and make fun of you and your beautiful new iPhone.

deadheadskier

Staff member
you're dead to me

(until I request a meeting at Riverworks for a tutorial on how to use the damn thing)

wa-loaf

I believe the laptop will be an Apple as well. I've already begun drawing up plans to push for Microsoft products. Corporate HQ is only a few miles from Microsoft HQ. We really should be supporting local businesses instead of Bay Area hipsters.

You know you can run windows on a Mac these days ...

wa-loaf

Got my order in this morning with shipping on time for next Friday. Shipping times now are 3-4 weeks. Best bet is to hit up a store early next Friday.

deadheadskier

Staff member
did i miss a thread or FB post? are congratulations in order ? for the job, not the other thing (which BTW, congratz!!)

Yes G. Got a medical device sales gig a few weeks back, but didn't make a broad announcement about it. Background check went through on Wednesday, so I started from home yesterday. Thank you.

Puck it

Phones are getting too big. We will soon be back to the size of the the original brick.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Vintage_Brick_cell-phones_Group_collection_photo.jpg
    Vintage_Brick_cell-phones_Group_collection_photo.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 97

skiNEwhere

Phones are getting too big. We will soon be back to the size of the the original brick.

attachment.php

Maybe the width, not the thickness though. Although I'd consider getting a brick that big if it had a decent battery life....

Puck it

Maybe the width, not the thickness though. Although I'd consider getting a brick that big if it had a decent battery life....

Reception was better with the older phones too. I never dropped a call with my old bag phone. When digital first started, drop calls were very common. It has gotten better with more towers.

skiNEwhere

Reception was better with the older phones too. I never dropped a call with my old bag phone. When digital first started, drop calls were very common. It has gotten better with more towers.

Most older phones had an antenna protruding out the top too. Nokia started making phones without the protruding antenna then everyone seemed to follow, that may have a factor as well, especially in low reception areas

skiNEwhere

I still have a phone like that for emergencies

Not my phone but the same model
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1410535190.318903.jpg

BackLoafRiver

Got my order in this morning with shipping on time for next Friday. Shipping times now are 3-4 weeks. Best bet is to hit up a store early next Friday.

Im going to regret waiting, I know it. AND friday is the worst day of the week for me...super busy. I am sure the apple store will be picked clean (heh...) by the time I can get down there.

Puck it

Most older phones had an antenna protruding out the top too. Nokia started making phones without the protruding antenna then everyone seemed to follow, that may have a factor as well, especially in low reception areas

Digital towers have to be closer together due to the reduced power0.3W I think) of the phones. Analog phones were like 5W. When they transitioned to digital, the tower constructuction could not keep up.

Geoff

Digital towers have to be closer together due to the reduced power0.3W I think) of the phones. Analog phones were like 5W. When they transitioned to digital, the tower constructuction could not keep up.

Class 1 AMPS car phones were 4 watts. The old hand-held "Zach Morris phones" were Class 3 and put out 0.6 watts.

With modern LTE networks, the transmit power is variable and automatically reduces in an area where the towers are close together.

Puck it

Class 1 AMPS car phones were 4 watts. The old hand-held "Zach Morris phones" were Class 3 and put out 0.6 watts.

With modern LTE networks, the transmit power is variable and automatically reduces in an area where the towers are close together.

Little more detailed. But when digital came out the tower spacing was not what it is today.