• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

wa-loaf

I'm still running iOS 6.1.3 on my 4s. I haven't had a compelling reason to upgrade and watch my phone run slower.

I've got the latest version of iOS7 on my 4s, once I turned off the ridiculous motion stuff it's just as fast and no issues with wifi. iPhone 6 coming Friday. Once that's here I'll reset the 4s to factory settings, unlock it from ATT, and send it off to Gazelle.

skiNEwhere

Anyone else have a jail broken phone? I'm on 7.0.4 and have no intentions of upgrading.

I have tethering enabled, and I also disabled the little iMessage bubble that shows when you are typing a reply. Can't stand that thing

Funky_Catskills

I'm still running iOS 6.1.3 on my 4s. I haven't had a compelling reason to upgrade and watch my phone run slower.

It's going to eventually be unsupportable..
You are risking a security breach but not upgrading as the old code goes unsupported and known hacks exist. ..

skiNEwhere

What are you describing? Just typed an iMessage reply and don't see it.

You won't see it. The person you are sending the message to will see a typing bubble that indicates you are typing a response.

This thing

attachment.php

Attachments

• bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 80

skiNEwhere

I've seen it either prolong or exasperate arguments in relationships. I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think it's ridiculous that apple doesn't support this natively, and that you have to jailbreak the phone to turn it off. I feel the same way about read receipts at the office, unless it's something that is urgent and really justifies one being sent.

Edd

I've seen it either prolong or exasperate arguments in relationships. I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think it's ridiculous that apple doesn't support this natively, and that you have to jailbreak the phone to turn it off. I feel the same way about read receipts at the office, unless it's something that is urgent and really justifies one being sent.

Crazy that I've never thought of that as a negative thing. I mean, all that bubble does is let you know that someone is typing a reply, right?

Actual read receipts can be turned off in iOS, but you probably know that. Now those I'm not a fan of.

Savemeasammy

I never liked the "read receipts" for email when I was working in the corporate world. When I have time, I will reply to your damn email so that you know I read it! The "read" thing on the imessage doesn't bother me. That way I know if someone got the message, even if it wasn't something worth replying to...

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

skiNEwhere

Yea the bubble just lets you know I'm typing a reply.

I was referring to read receipts in outlook at work as an example. We have one guy who has set all his emails to ask for a read receipt by default. Really annoying.

Savemeasammy

I was referring to read receipts in outlook at work as an example. We have one guy who has set all his emails to ask for a read receipt by default. Really annoying.

Based on this information alone, I already hate this guy ;)

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
^I also disable it on Facebook with a chromeadd on so it doesn't show if you read something yet.

I like the typing on Hangouts which I use pretty extensively.

Me = not excited about iPHone 6. I'm an Android nerd :)

gmcunni

Yea the bubble just lets you know I'm typing a reply.

back in the day when my company had Lotus Notes for email ... a programmer on my staff showed me how to create a new view in email to show which messages had return receipt and we created a simple script to remove it.

o3jeff

I've got the latest version of iOS7 on my 4s, once I turned off the ridiculous motion stuff it's just as fast and no issues with wifi. iPhone 6 coming Friday. Once that's here I'll reset the 4s to factory settings, unlock it from ATT, and send it off to Gazelle.

Did the 6 show up yet?

wa-loaf

Out for delivery. Also coming today a pair of Marker Spring Gloves and a big Nerf Gun for my sons birthday.

BackLoafRiver

Any real-world thoughts from Iphone 6 users out there? I am still debating the pros/cons of the 6 Plus. (and waiting for Portland to get anything in)