• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, I guess I have to learn to like Apple. My new job uses iphones. A 5 specifically. Damn.

I don't think I will be a convert. I'll have to learn to tolerate the iPhone. I'll take my now 2 year old Motorola Razor over the iPhone 5 all day, everyday.

texting features are much better on the droid

droid charges faster and holds the charge longer

internet browsing is faster on the droid

iPhone won't connect to my comcast wifi. My wife has an iPhone and hers won't either. I've done some google searches on the problem and the general consensus among iPhone users is that Comcast's Infinity modems suck and they are the problem. If that's the case, then why have I had zero problems connecting to wifi from any other device?

I get the same size screen on the Razor, but the phone itself is physically a little bit smaller

email is better on the iphone, I'll give it that.

I can tell Siri that she sucks. Can't do that on the droid.

I paid $50 for the Razor brand new. I can't believe that people are getting $150+ selling a used iPhone.

oh well. at least it's a work phone and not on my dime.

Edd

iPhone won't connect to my comcast wifi. My wife has an iPhone and hers won't either. I've done some google searches on the problem and the general consensus among iPhone users is that Comcast's Infinity modems suck and they are the problem. If that's the case, then why have I had zero problems connecting to wifi from any other device?

Curious about this. You're mentioning the modem...are you using a personal router for wifi or are you renting a router from Comcast along with the modem?

deadheadskier

Staff member
All cable/internet equipment is supplied through Comcast. Never had a problem with wifi connectivity across 4 lap tops and three droid phones over the years. iPhone's won't connect.

Edd

All cable/internet equipment is supplied through Comcast. Never had a problem with wifi connectivity across 4 lap tops and three droid phones over the years. iPhone's won't connect.

Weird. If you get to a point where it's necessary to connect your work phone to wifi...my setup here is a personal Linksys router connected to the Comcast modem. No issues with the 3 iPhones and iPad we have here.

You could give Comcast back their router. While you're speaking with them, please mention that I hate them.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It's really matter if I see us going over our data plan. Probably won't be an issue. If it comes to that point, I'll be sure to register your hatred with the Commi's

wa-loaf

Any real-world thoughts from Iphone 6 users out there? I am still debating the pros/cons of the 6 Plus. (and waiting for Portland to get anything in)

I've got the regular 6, it's more than big enough. Super thin, but big enough that I can barely reach the top of the screen with my thumb. I would not want the plus unless you want it for a mini-tablet experience. I can't image using it as a daily phone. So far battery life is good, the camera is great, other features seem good, but haven't explored them all yet. Only prob so far is that I can't connect the bluetooth in my car. I think it might be an issue with iOS8. Car is due for a service soon so I'll see if they have any updates.

bvibert

Staff member
I don't think I will be a convert. I'll have to learn to tolerate the iPhone. I'll take my now 2 year old Motorola Razor over the iPhone 5 all day, everyday.

texting features are much better on the droid

droid charges faster and holds the charge longer

internet browsing is faster on the droid

I get the same size screen on the Razor, but the phone itself is physically a little bit smaller

email is better on the iphone, I'll give it that.

I can tell Siri that she sucks. Can't do that on the droid.

I paid $50 for the Razor brand new. I can't believe that people are getting $150+ selling a used iPhone.

oh well. at least it's a work phone and not on my dime.

But, I thought Apple stuff always 'just worked'???

I had to borrow an iPhone for a work trip a couple of weeks ago. My biggest annoyance was the damn keyboard, it was infuriating compared to any of the keyboards I've had on Android phones. Though I hear the Apple has finally smartened up and now allows 3rd party keyboards with the new update, so maybe that won't be an issue anymore.

It's funny that you mention email being better.. it drove me nuts that the phone wouldn't automatically save a draft copy of an email that I started, but had to put the phone down before finishing. Several times that happened and I had to start the painful process of pecking out the email on that miserable keyboard all over again.

I did like the finger print scanner to unlock the phone though. That's also available on other phones, but I haven't had the chance to try it.

gmcunni

give it 30 days and tell us what you think. not saying you'll change your mind but when i went from blackberry, which i dearly loved, to iphone i too was less than impressed.

Funky_Catskills

My setup will be an iPhone 6 and and iPad for work ....
Stoked.. So much less to carry in NYC...

Can leave my laptop on for work and access it using GoToMyPC from either.. If I need to...

bvibert

Staff member