• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

Geoff

I have fixed the wifi issue at home. Comcast routers apparently have numerous channels and the default channel is 2. They needed to switch the router to channel 11 for both my wife's iPhone4 and my iPhone5 to work.

Ours doesn't work that way. Our stuff auto-selects at boot time picking channels 1 thru 5, 6 thru 10, or 11 thru 15. That's the Comcast spec we're all supposed to follow so some other vendor has a bug. You can manually configure the cable modem to start at channel 2 but that would be a bizarre configuration since pretty much every WiFi router in the world autoconfigures using those same blocks. Using 2 thru 6 would conflict with other routers.

Geoff

I have a 4s on Verizon with grandfathered unlimited data. I'd hate to give that up. I really don't want to pay full price for a 6 to keep my unlimited data plan.

wa-loaf

I have a 4s on Verizon with grandfathered unlimited data. I'd hate to give that up. I really don't want to pay full price for a 6 to keep my unlimited data plan.

I haven't had to give up my unlimited plan to upgrade phones on ATT.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ours doesn't work that way. Our stuff auto-selects at boot time picking channels 1 thru 5, 6 thru 10, or 11 thru 15. That's the Comcast spec we're all supposed to follow so some other vendor has a bug. You can manually configure the cable modem to start at channel 2 but that would be a bizarre configuration since pretty much every WiFi router in the world autoconfigures using those same blocks. Using 2 thru 6 would conflict with other routers.

Don't know what to tell you. Comcast wireless guy said it was on channel 2 and switched it to channel 11. Now it works.

Personally, I don't care if my phone hooks up. Its just so my wife doesn't rack up data charges with her phone. That was the issue. She's do for a replacement/upgrade soon anyways.......won't be an iPhone.

〽❄❅

I'm having trouble with my i6. I can hear just fine on speaker phone but barely hear in standard talk mode. If i step outside i can't hear at all, switch back to speaker and no problem. Always check make sure the volume is on highest setting. Is there another setting i have wrong?

Geoff

I'd love to switch away from Verizon but nobody else has coverage worth a damn at my summer residence. They NIMBY'd the tower AT&T is trying to install on a "scenic road" again at the planning board meeting last night. T-Mobile and Sprint are really lousy here.

bvibert

Staff member

Is it really unlimited??

http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...-has-misled-millions-consumers-unlimited-data
The Federal Trade Commission filed a federal court complaint against AT&T Mobility, LLC, charging that the company has misled millions of its smartphone customers by charging them for “unlimited” data plans while reducing their data speeds, in some cases by nearly 90 percent.

The FTC’s*complaint alleges that the company failed to adequately disclose to its customers on unlimited data plans*that, if they reach a certain amount of data use in a given billing cycle, AT&T reduces – or “throttles” – their data speeds to the point that many common mobile phone applications – like web browsing, GPS navigation and watching streaming video – *become difficult or nearly impossible to use.

SkiFanE

Anyone with iPhone 6 or IOS8 having alarm problems? WTF? Testing today to try to figure out what is wrong. Started using my old phone as alarm BC I swear I wasnt snoozing in my sleep, which was all I could figure why I was oversleeping lately. Grrrrrr. On/off button shuts it off, my 4s method. Seems like you have to press the small button the screen that says snooze, hope not to hit OK and turn off. #Whatthefuckwerethoseboneheadgeeksthinking?! Oh wait, seems hitting up volume button snoozes. Have to wait 8 mins for next snooze test to complete. Grrrrrrr....

SkiFanE

〽❄❅;868218 said:
I'm having trouble with my i6. I can hear just fine on speaker phone but barely hear in standard talk mode. If i step outside i can't hear at all, switch back to speaker and no problem. Always check make sure the volume is on highest setting. Is there another setting i have wrong?
I bet it's hardware. Take back to Apple Store, they'll replace if it's broken. I'm lucky to have a store 2 miles away, so sorry if that's not so easy for you (maybe consider a move ? Lol).

wa-loaf

I've not seen any obvious slowdowns.

Anyone with iPhone 6 or IOS8 having alarm problems? WTF? Testing today to try to figure out what is wrong. Started using my old phone as alarm BC I swear I wasnt snoozing in my sleep, which was all I could figure why I was oversleeping lately. Grrrrrr. On/off button shuts it off, my 4s method. Seems like you have to press the small button the screen that says snooze, hope not to hit OK and turn off. #Whatthefuckwerethoseboneheadgeeksthinking?! Oh wait, seems hitting up volume button snoozes. Have to wait 8 mins for next snooze test to complete. Grrrrrrr....

I've always hit the snooze on the screen so nothing really is different for me. Slide to turn off.

Edd

I've stopped at the South Portland Apple Store twice this week because I was driving through anyway. Sunday and today. Both days I walked in and the crowd was breathtaking. Twenty blue shirts on the floor, all busy, with easily another twenty customers waiting.

SkiFanE

I've stopped at the South Portland Apple Store twice this week because I was driving through anyway. Sunday and today. Both days I walked in and the crowd was breathtaking. Twenty blue shirts on the floor, all busy, with easily another twenty customers waiting.

Oh, yeah..that's useless - I always make an appt online - and they are good about seeing you on time. Usually wait a day or two though.

BackLoafRiver

Funny, I was down there on Sunday and randomly popped in to grab applecare for my wife's iphone6. There were plenty of employees free. I guess I just got lucky. When I went to get my 6+, it was a mob scene. I couldn't get out there fast enough. But, luckily, the dude helping me was fantastic.

Edd

Finally gave in and ordered one from Verizon (switched from Sprint) and activated it a couple of days ago. It's a hell of a change(hardware-wise) from the 4s, all right. I'm impressed with how slick the fingerprint scanner works.

I switched carriers because most of my friends have Verizon and they almost always get better reception in ski country than I do. Also, nice to finally have LTE.

yeggous

Finally gave in and ordered one from Verizon (switched from Sprint) and activated it a couple of days ago. It's a hell of a change(hardware-wise) from the 4s, all right. I'm impressed with how slick the fingerprint scanner works.

I switched carriers because most of my friends have Verizon and they almost always get better reception in ski country than I do. Also, nice to finally have LTE.

I finally broke down this week and bought his and her iPhone 6's. To me more accurate, my iPhone 5 broke down.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

Ok, I love this phone. Has anyone used Apple Pay yet? I set it up but haven't tried it.